Rey's Saber contest winner announced

Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up

I used my twitter account to tweet out about this to: Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley, J.J. Abrams, Rian Johnson, and Kevin Smith. Perhaps they will reply and pass it on.

https://twitter.com/CryptoCafe1/status/970464320051138561

Here is the link to the Tweet. Please do with it what you will. Would be cool if we could get Mark or Daisy to vote!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

I used my twitter account to tweet out about this to: Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley, J.J. Abrams, Rian Johnson, and Kevin Smith. Perhaps they will reply and pass it on.

https://twitter.com/CryptoCafe1/status/970464320051138561

Here is the link to the Tweet. Please do with it what you will. Would be cool if we could get Mark or Daisy to vote!!!
wouldnt they have to be members ?
Hopefully they will sign up
nice work just checked it out

Last edited by a moderator:

wouldnt they have to be members ?
Hopefully they will sign up
nice work just checked it out

You never know, perhaps they have been lurking around since the RPF provides some of the best info on all things Star Wars!

Otherwise yes, they would have to sign up or reply to the Tweet, which I would immediately post a link to here :thumbsup

They don't have to vote, as long as they can see it then the publicity will hopefully just get existing members to get on and vote :) thanks Chris

All of them are well done, but I like E the best. It feels the most like something Rey would design.

(I'll be honest. I didn't participate in the poll, because I felt none of them make a good Rey 'saber. I like quite a few on their own merits, but I personally see Rey building the lightsaber guts into her staff. Her fighting style is still almost entirely staff forms. It's what she'd be most comfortable with. And there's precedent in the Shadow Guards and Jedi Temple Guardians. FWIW.)

Can you imagine if they see this thread! Wow!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(I'll be honest. I didn't participate in the poll, because I felt none of them make a good Rey 'saber. I like quite a few on their own merits, but I personally see Rey building the lightsaber guts into her staff. Her fighting style is still almost entirely staff forms. It's what she'd be most comfortable with. And there's precedent in the Shadow Guards and Jedi Temple Guardians. FWIW.)

A staff saber is what I am expecting— but that was too ambitious for my skills.

I understand what you are saying, and I expected 1 or 2 like that myself. It's a pity you didn't make one like that!

Can you imagine if they see this thread! Wow!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just dreaming now but what if JJ saw this thread and wanted all the sabers built and had them as part of the back drop to a number of scenes, I’ve heard he’s all for the fans, that would be a dream come true for me, my own prop on screen, on a star wars movie ! ahhhh. Now I wake up back to the real world !!

Reys staff saber would be the only option for the movie as said previously that’s what she’s been carrying round with her and fighting with, but not having the details of her staff and had stuff lying around I just built a standard hand saber, but I’m expecting a staff saber in the next movie.

keep voting people

I understand what you are saying, and I expected 1 or 2 like that myself. It's a pity you didn't make one like that!

Not saying I won't. The last while I was in crying-tears-of-blood-and-not-sleeping last-minute run-up to Emerald City Comic Con. Now that's over I can stick my head up and try to remember everything else that's going on. :sleep

Staff saber contest interest
Interested

but her staff is about 4’ -4.5’ long, ( not sure on the length ) putting a saber on the end and the blade on, wouldnt that make it about 6’ to 7’ long !!! That’s a lot of length to wield around, that would also be some conversion of her trusty staff so she would be able to use it as a staff and as a saber, she might as well build a double ended saber just like darth maul to give her the length and feel of her staff, didn’t she also just train with Luke’s saber in TLJ a traditional Jedi weapon

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back