Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Well, it does look better than the original one they put out. I just can't justify buying a jacket I'd only wear to conventions. The MAGs I feel happy with wearing anytime.
Given the sleeves look like PVC, I'll probably rock this thing to the cinema in winter. Our cons are on when it is still warm.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

rubberpoultry Nike actually did make a few pairs with the sock toe. These were given to friends and family after they auctions ended. There are some pics around showing the more sock toe like construction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they kind of did true replicas but they only made one shoe of the pair this way. The other shoe was a normal 2011 version.

You can find a video unboxing on YouTube under Nike MAG friends and family.

The differences are small but for fans of the movie shoe, this is what you would want to own. Apart from the sock toe, the best thing was the black box with yellow Nike Footwear on the lid. Way cooler than the yellow box of the 2011 auction pair.

I can understand why Nike did what they did because even unworn V3s look hot. My display pair looks so much nicer in shape than my wear pair. A sock toe or slumping upper tends to look a bit sloppy. Given these were not meant to be worn, a slim toe with appropriate toe cap to keep the shape, makes sense.

I hadn't seen those before. I do like the look though, and that box and those bags are sweet. I wonder why they only made one shoe that way. And why they decided not to go that route for the actual product. They may look sloppy... but they also look accurate and pretty comfortable.

I hadn't seen those before. I do like the look though, and that box and those bags are sweet. I wonder why they only made one shoe that way. And why they decided not to go that route for the actual product. They may look sloppy... but they also look accurate and pretty comfortable.
As far as I know they only had one shoe and they replicated it pretty much perfect. I thought they had a right but from reading the hardest shoe to retro , maybe they actually had a left.
Then they revised the design to make it more wearable, which is kind of strange given even Nike said not to wear them.

Yes I like bags and that box.

54ad34243b17b-Optimized.jpg

Here is an image from an interview with Hatfield when he says Nike only got the one shoe back. And clearly it is a right shoe.

yet in THIS article from Sole Collector, all the images of the screen used shoe they reverse engineered are left.

http://canyouactually.com/wp-content/uploads/54ad34243b17b-Optimized.jpg

Here is an image from an interview with Hatfield when he says Nike only got the one shoe back. And clearly it is a right shoe.

yet in THIS article from Sole Collector, all the images of the screen used shoe they reverse engineered are left.

They might have reached out to the people that own other productions of the shoes. That's the only other option other than straight up lying of how many shoes they have which they would gain nothing from doing so.

You probably wont believe this but these little beauties took 2 solid months to turn up.
I ordered them on the 26th November 2017 and paid for them the same day. 3 days later I was given a tracking number.
2 weeks later I found out that number was incorrect. Then I was given some more numbers, which also turned out to be bogus. This little game went on for about 4 weeks.
In the 1st week of January 18' the box turned up. Just the box. The very next day the actual Mags turned up separately, I thought great....er no. After confirming the sizes 4 times via messages on 4 separate occasions, the shoes they had sent were a size 10.5, I originally asked for a UK8.
So I wrapped up the Mags I had been waiting sooo long for, only to send them back. It was not a fun time for me.
Anyway, 8 days later these size 7.5's turned up...oh yeah that's right...they got the size wrong again! You literally could not make this up. At this point I just could not care less, If they had turned up painted pink and in the shape of a unicorn I would of kept them.
There a tiny bit snug but they fit. And for a shoe that I asked for absolutely no QC pics what-so ever....they are incredible! Not a single blemish on them. All electrics work (for now) no glue marks....spot on pair. Were they worth the wait? Yes. But I am never ordering something like this from China Again.
I own and have Modded the V2's bar the toe box, and i have compared the different shoes and the differences are incredible...evolution of the Mag

I am over the moon with them, Its been a long wait....like 25 years...but worth it.
I have already opened the inside up to expose the batteries, im gonna put a different charging system in as I'm sure you all know the original is crap. Making it so the battery can be isolated from the main board, while still in the shoe and be charged from an external charger. Without disturbing the aesthetics of the shoes. Plus I don't trust the cheap batteries installed..

The 'sock toe' construction is very comfortable, one model of nikes I have which use it are the 'Roshe' - a budget Nike shoe which is surprisingly comfortable given its price. Very thin upper, so only good for summer though.
I have a few of them, as Nike made them in a multitude of colours, but I definitely had to get this version. Thinking about putting elastic laces in so it's even closer to MAG colours :D
DSC_0236.JPG
DSC_0237.JPG
The upside to having the 'sock toe' rather than whatever framing material is in the V3's is that with repeated wear, the design doesn't crinkle up and get those ripples we all have in our V3's that kind of spoil the look a little. They really could have benefitted from having at least less framing in the toebox.

You probably wont believe this but these little beauties took 2 solid months to turn up.
I ordered them on the 26th November 2017 and paid for them the same day. 3 days later I was given a tracking number.
2 weeks later I found out that number was incorrect. Then I was given some more numbers, which also turned out to be bogus. This little game went on for about 4 weeks.
In the 1st week of January 18' the box turned up. Just the box. The very next day the actual Mags turned up separately, I thought great....er no. After confirming the sizes 4 times via messages on 4 separate occasions, the shoes they had sent were a size 10.5, I originally asked for a UK8.
So I wrapped up the Mags I had been waiting sooo long for, only to send them back. It was not a fun time for me.
Anyway, 8 days later these size 7.5's turned up...oh yeah that's right...they got the size wrong again! You literally could not make this up. At this point I just could not care less, If they had turned up painted pink and in the shape of a unicorn I would of kept them.
There a tiny bit snug but they fit. And for a shoe that I asked for absolutely no QC pics what-so ever....they are incredible! Not a single blemish on them. All electrics work (for now) no glue marks....spot on pair. Were they worth the wait? Yes. But I am never ordering something like this from China Again.
I own and have Modded the V2's bar the toe box, and i have compared the different shoes and the differences are incredible...evolution of the Mag

I am over the moon with them, Its been a long wait....like 25 years...but worth it.
I have already opened the inside up to expose the batteries, im gonna put a different charging system in as I'm sure you all know the original is crap. Making it so the battery can be isolated from the main board, while still in the shoe and be charged from an external charger. Without disturbing the aesthetics of the shoes. Plus I don't trust the cheap batteries installed..
[url]http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii543/marcsbay69/Mag%20Mods/1_zpsitmbddrc.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii543/marcsbay69/Mag%20Mods/3_zpslh0jq5ic.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii543/marcsbay69/Mag%20Mods/2_zps07j433s2.jpg[/URL]

Mate I feel your pain.

Seems to be us in the UK.

I ordered on 26th Dec and I'm still waiting.

They got sent back by customs. 4 days to get to customs and 10 days to get back to them.

They wouldn't do anything till they came back.

Now they are sending them through the slowest post in the world... post nl.

Who was your shipping through?

Mate I feel your pain.

Seems to be us in the UK.

I ordered on 26th Dec and I'm still waiting.

They got sent back by customs. 4 days to get to customs and 10 days to get back to them.

They wouldn't do anything till they came back.

Now they are sending them through the slowest post in the world... post nl.

Who was your shipping through?

i think DHL for the first pair then the second pair came through Royal Mail. Go figure.

i think DHL for the first pair then the second pair came through Royal Mail. Go figure.

Where you based?

Would be interested in your upgrades when I get mine

- - - Updated - - -

You should have posted on here. I would have had them in a size 10.5

- - - Updated - - -

How much did you pay with the exchange rate?

They might have reached out to the people that own other productions of the shoes. That's the only other option other than straight up lying of how many shoes they have which they would gain nothing from doing so.

Actually, one of the last images in that article shoes both left and right shoes, so only those at NIKE really know.

Is it me, or does the screen used shoe on the left seem to use a wider, flatter waffel than the 2011/2016PL shoe?

fb34ef779d561d3647541ee20c1404e9.jpg

I discovered that the V3 soles I am making (side wings anyway) are indeed backwards compatible with the V2 shoes. However, there is a size difference, where my US10V3 parts fit right into US8V2 shoes, but not the US10V2. The V2's waffle is flatter and wider.

First pour of the new buckel mold. I'm using white pigmented epoxy so that if there is anything I need to MOD I'll have a hard plastic part.

Demold time is about 6 hours, this might be inspected tomorrow.
6c6a77f5eda71ad0b29fa9220e8f7081.jpg

Apparently now they sayi its too risky to send via dhl or ems to uk.
They suggested via netherlands.
I wonder how long it will take for you to get.

Maybe the delivery coming in via europe should negate any customs issue.

Apparently now they sayi its too risky to send via dhl or ems to uk.
They suggested via netherlands.
I wonder how long it will take for you to get.

Maybe the delivery coming in via europe should negate any customs issue.

How? There is still customs between Asia and Europe regardless of the route.

Maybe they should give us a discount for NOT getting the big yellow box and ship the shoes in a more discrete way.

Damn, should have let this set up over night. The time stamp from the last post says 7 hours ago, so...

The part seemed cured except for a small blister right on the tip of the dome part. Weird.
There was also sine shrinkage so I have mixed up a new batch and over filled it to allow the resin to pull in.

The shape is pretty good.
397a51e9f8c7cbac0ac04353c5bf9df7.jpg
8bd34f385a18c9d6ea7d53a4019e28b4.jpg
e53f0076eafe9b6c773ad08b6f855e86.jpg

Last edited:
How? There is still customs between Asia and Europe regardless of the route.

Maybe they should give us a discount for NOT getting the big yellow box and ship the shoes in a more discrete way.

Maybe it's more relaxed into the Netherlands. You can get a boat over from the UK and customs is basically non existent. Show your passport and that's it.

I got the box alright so I don't see why they didn't send the shoes with the box

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back