2017 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALRIGHTY!

Sorry this took so long. I truly love it and my delay wasn't at all because of the gift, just a busy time of year!

Nick K scratchbuilt me a 1:1 replica of the ship filming miniature from the never completed Dr. Who episode Shada! Despite me not putting it in my list he correctly deduced that I am a big classic Who fan so this is right up my alley. :D

It's beautifully made with a great stand and plaque. He even replicated the little marks that you can see in the pictures online. What's even better he included all is research material with some hand drawn plans. A true prop enthusiast's gift!

Thank you so much! These pics DO NOT do it justice.

SHIP.jpg

I was lucky enough to see Nick at work on this stunning replica. He never ceases to amaze me with his skills at scratchbuilding.

Nick K scratchbuilt me a 1:1 replica of the ship filming miniature from the never completed Dr. Who episode Shada! Despite me not putting it in my list he correctly deduced that I am a big classic Who fan so this is right up my alley. :D

It's beautifully made with a great stand and plaque. He even replicated the little marks that you can see in the pictures online. What's even better he included all is research material with some hand drawn plans. A true prop enthusiast's gift!

ALRIGHTY!

Sorry this took so long. I truly love it and my delay wasn't at all because of the gift, just a busy time of year!

Thank you so much! These pics DO NOT do it justice.

View attachment 780924

VERY cool!..

And another Tom Baker fan here!

:p Michael Bergeron

Tom Baker for the win!!!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Opened mine today! x197 ..... "Thank you!" I love it! I'm trying to figure out how to post a picture.... It's a laser cut acrylic plaque of Drax (from GOTG). (Did you make this!?! It's beautiful!) I put a small led strip under neath for a moment to light it up and it's friggin awesome! (Stupid question, but I've tried loading pictures to my profile/Album and they never seem to take, so I'm totally confused on how to post pics, which is why I hardly ever post builds because I can't figure it out).... So.... When I do, I'll be more than happy to show this baby off! Thanks man, I totally dig this

Last edited:
For those that have not posted pics of their gifts because they are having a tough time getting pics up on this site (like I had till someone explained it to me) here is a little help. Now this works better if you reply through the desktop web site and not the mobile version. First take a couple pics of your gift and make sure you know where they are on your computer. For mobile users their should be a link at the bottom of your Mobile page that will convert you to the desktop version. Next reply to this post and write a little message of how much you love your gift once done enter down a few lines. In the tool bar right above where your typing should be something that looks like a small photo in a frame. Click it and up should pop som dialogue of what photo do you want to use. And then you should be given a selection box. Navigate a select your desired photos. For mobile users select your phones photo album and look for recent shots. Now here is the tricky part. Hit the button that says upload and wait! During this time you will wait and wonder is it doing anything, did I hit the button, did it take the input, is my internet down, should I have selected soooo many pics, did I just crash the site, maybe I should retry? Whatever you do just wait!!! Have faith and it will happen sometimes it takes a good 5-10 min to upload 1 pic. Just leave it, play some solitaire, have a drink, finish that other project you were working on, go to the movies, get a second degree, just don’t give up and restart. Once your pic loads you may not see it in your response field but post your response or preview it and it will show up. That’s it your done and now we can all view the wonderful gifts you have received and droll over them respectively.

To all those that have put up pics Thank you! This year has been fantastic so far. And to Michael for running this year after year I cannot wait till the year comes and I get to be your Secret Santa so that I can put you on my permanent gift list! Thanks again for all you do!

And to Michael for running this year after year I cannot wait till the year comes and I get to be your Secret Santa so that I can put you on my permanent gift list! Thanks again for all you do!

Will never happen, I'm not US domestic. :lol But you're very welcome. :)

Thanks for the "how to" on pics!

Kirk (to Saavik): As your teacher, Mr. Spock, is fond of saying, 'I like to think there always are ...possibilities.'

I got my package today and will have to post pics after Christmas i did open the package so thank you Secret Santa i like it very much.

The items i got in the package was:
4 Candy Canes
A Mini Cylon Figure
Cylon Pistol from Battlestar Galactica 1980 that lights up when it is fired.
Note about the pistol and the figure

So again Thank you Secret Cylon Santa

Opened mine today! x197 ..... "Thank you!" I love it! I'm trying to figure out how to post a picture.... It's a laser cut acrylic plaque of Drax (from GOTG). (Did you make this!?! It's beautiful!) I put a small led strip under neath for a moment to light it up and it's friggin awesome! (Stupid question, but I've tried loading pictures to my profile/Album and they never seem to take, so I'm totally confused on how to post pics, which is why I hardly ever post builds because I can't figure it out).... So.... When I do, I'll be more than happy to show this baby off! Thanks man, I totally dig this 落

So glad you like it!

Yes.. I made it on my laser cutter.

You can make or buy a stand that has the leds in the bottom (hence the extra little 'piece' at the bottom to stick in the base).. or whatever fits your display needs!

*looks good in red.. I only tested it in blue

drax-1.jpg

drax-3.jpg

Had I'd been a more detailed (better) Secret Santa.. I would have done Star Lord or Gammora, now knowing those were your favorites/cosplay as them.

Maybe next year!! :)

Thanks to @Michael Bergeron for taking the time and the PITA to host the exchange this year as well!

drax-1.jpg

drax-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back