Wheeler Dealers - BBC

SofaKing01

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi Gang,

Are there any BBC Wheeler Dealer Fans out there? Love this show! While we dont get to see everything done to any one car, they cut out the drama and stick to the job at hand. One of my favorite shows!

You may discuss... ;)

I've got it on at the moment, Good old Mike and Edd! It's nice how they just zip through fixing and rebuilding the cars like there are no problems at all, very relaxing.

Love the show. Especially like the one with the green Triumph Spitfire with the noisy differential, as I've got a green Spitfire with a noisy differential in my garage right now...

Watch it all the time. I like how they change it up by sometimes buying cars from abroad and no faffing and made up problems like alot of the docu car shows. Trading up is a good show with Mike Brewer if you havent seen it as well.

Iv been watching since i was at school. That mike is abit of a gob****e but ed is pretty cool. I love it when Ed does something mike doesnt like, he throws a right mardy lol

Another good show was a car is born. there were many series with things from a plane,helicoptor,motor bikes, a jag E type. Mark Evens was pretty funny. if you like a show that goes into all the detail that is a good one, and very funny. You can probably get torrents for all them. its been a few years since they aired.

I do think the USA shows dont show much in the way of actual work. you just get brief highlights.

Scratch the torrent idea, you can watch a car is born and the other series on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od4TXdMRk44

Been watching for a couple years now, completely caught up with all episodes I can find. Edd was actually my inspiration to start doing my own car work. He does make it look easy, and there are many aggravating factors doing your own work, but he also doesn't sugar-coat it.
Since I've found the show I went from barely able to do an oil change to stuff like:
* BMW M3: Replacement of cooling system (radiator, pump, thermostat, hoses, fan, fan clutch), new control arms and bushings, all new fluids (transmission, diff), new brakes and fluid, intake manifold removal and cleaning, new steering pump, various sensors.
* BMW 330i: New steering pump and hoses, new water pump & thermostat, intake cleaning, DISA rebuild, throttle body and idle control valve cleaning, control arm bushings, replaced dirty/sagging pillar material, refinished center console
* VW TDI: 40k service (DSG fluid, fuel filter, oil & filters, intake filter, cabin filter).

After these projects and building my confidence I bought a 1986 Mercedes project car last November. I sorted out the rough engine, replaced fuel filters, oil & filter, new brake master cylinder and rear brakes, vacuum leaks, broken odometer, broken turn signal. Starting body work now with simple metal cutting, grinding, and flux core welding.

Now if this isn't the sign of a good show I don't know what is. It's a real confidence builder.

Great show, I've been watching it for a couple years, but I'm sure I have missed some of the early episodes. I watch it on Velocity. I still want to know if they ever sold that Pacer.

Great show, I've been watching it for a couple years, but I'm sure I have missed some of the early episodes. I watch it on Velocity. I still want to know if they ever sold that Pacer.

It didn't sell. Instead it was donated to a charity auction I think.

I meant to post this this morning. I looked it up and they sold the Pacer on eBay. About $7.5k, half went to the charity. I can't remember how much Mike tried to sell it for.

Hey Guys,

Edd China is leaving WD! Velocity took over the show and is apparently forcing a few changes. One of them being less time in the workshop which, to me, is the reason most of us watch! I can only guess they're going to add drama and chaos...:facepalm These changes forced China to make the tough decision to leave. I'm really bummed! I love WD in its original / current format - straight forward and no drama!

The end of era... Why Velocity? Why ruin a good thing?!

Edd China on why he left...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IB15T1LYiY

Another good show was a car is born. there were many series with things from a plane,helicoptor,motor bikes, a jag E type. Mark Evens was pretty funny. if you like a show that goes into all the detail that is a good one, and very funny. You can probably get torrents for all them. its been a few years since they aired.

I agree, a car is born is fun to watch.

Why Velocity? Why ruin a good thing?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IB15T1LYiY

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ant Anstead is taking his place, he ACTUALLY knows how to fix and restore vehicles properly. I mean to the point where he will make sure the screws heads line up instead of Edd sticking an old rusty screw back on a new part. Edd is pretty poor to be honest, if you were clued up you would never buy a car from these guys. Black aerosol paint doesnt last that long last time i looked.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back