NEW (OLD) MILLENNIUM FALCON from SOLO the movie

I remeber reading the EU books about Han and Corellia and the spice mines... and Solo depicted what had pictured in my mind almost exactly... It was fantastic. The music needed to be different and had just enough old school SW in there that I didn't mind it at all. I had no issues with the story or plot and was completed surprised at the end. I need to see it again just to rewatch all the little details I missed.

I'm a huge Luke fan, but Han and the Falcon are quickly becoming my next two favorite characters.

Since this is the unofficial Solo reaction thread... LOVED it! Probably my favorite of the Disney Star Wars films -- I rate it a little higher than R1 since R1 was a little more bleak. Thought Alden nailed it as Han. He wasn't doing a Harrison Ford impression (nor should he, IMHO), but the character still felt like Han. Great fan touches without it feeling too much like fan service. Nice ties to PT and ST films. Just a solid, awesome time watching a Star Wars flick.

And yes, the Falcon continuity is preserved.

I remeber reading the EU books about Han and Corellia and the spice mines... and Solo depicted what had pictured in my mind almost exactly... It was fantastic. The music needed to be different and had just enough old school SW in there that I didn't mind it at all. I had no issues with the story or plot and was completed surprised at the end. I need to see it again just to rewatch all the little details I missed.

I'm a huge Luke fan, but Han and the Falcon are quickly becoming my next two favorite characters.
You are right. The music was very disappointing for a star wars movie. Even the prequels had fantastic music. That aspect did take a little away from the feel of the movie. Good overall. Will definitely see it again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I didn't have a problem with the music. Maybe its just me, but I thought it totally worked. Overall, I think its the film that comes closest to capturing what people love about the George Lucas Star Wars films without the stuff they don't like. A little faster, more intense, a healthy dollop of cheese, a little swagger... just a good time.

After seeing the movie twice I'm stoked to see what comes next for Han & Chewie...and as far as Landos Falcon...Preordered. \m/

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yeah... I wasn't disappointed in the music... It was just different, mostly, for a Star Wars film..

Love how they took the Falcon from Lando's pristine version to what it almost was in ANH. I say almost because there's more time between Solo and ANH... Can't wait for it to be filled in.

Agreed. Powell was a poor choice for composer from the get-go. As I said to a friend afterwards “I don’t want Star Wars sounding like a (deleted) Dreamworks Animation.” Giacchino utterly nailed it with Rogue One...so glad the additional music from the composer’s promo sneaked out on that.

Best comment ever in the galaxy :lol.

Seen it yesterday, good movie. I was concerned about the actor choice for Han and Lando but in final they are very convincing in their respective role.
Almost as happy as I was after seing R1.

My reaction, also. Liked it much better than I expected too.

I also want Bandai to come out with a wrecked-Solo model in scale with the PG. Including a diorama Base. Yeah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not sure if it has been posted in here yet, but I found this super cool Millennium Falcon at the Disney Store today with my son...

It's 15 inches long (with escape pod), and 10 inches wide.
It has a spring loaded escape pod (button is bottom left engine fan), and really impressive spring loaded landing gear (activated by circular button just forward of the ventral gunwell).
Blue LED engines, and tons of sounds...it has a motion sensor, so it starts making engine noises as soon as you pick it up, and as you swoosh it around your house.
There are two more buttons for flying sounds (bottom middle engine fan), and laser cannon (bottom right engine fan).
The antenna rotates, and both cannons rotate as well as elevate, and the boarding ramp can lower.

When I walked in to the store, they had one with some other Solo merch in a plexi display case, and I immediately thought "ohhhh man, how do I get one of these???" thinking that it was some sort of promo display. I was overjoyed when I saw a stack of them for sale on the floor.
I was in love with the curve of the hull, and the nice sidewalls...at $39.95 I was an eager buyer.

The landing gear are a bit spongy, and mine had a tendency to sag a bit towards the starboard side due to the extra weight of the cockpit tube, and boarding ramp area.
I used that as an excuse to get the screws out (11 of them on the bottom covered with soft rubber caps), and see what made this baby tick.
I did end up stiffening the two starboard gear, and forward gear a bit so it would sit level, but I took some time to have a look around, and I feel as though this would be a customizers dream...
There's plenty of room inside for whatever, and the details on the outside ain't too shabby either...
If I wasn't getting ready to move in a couple weeks, I'd have this thing on my workbench right now...but this project will have to wait.

The official site added a could new photos of the Lando Falcon CG asset for reference for when the Bandai kit arrives.
Solo MF 3.jpgSolo MF 2.jpgSolo MF 1.jpg

Did someone other than me also miss more beauty shots of the Lando falcon in the new movie? The more elegant look of it could have been exploited a bit more with extra sequences. I thought it would naturally lead to shots as seen in car commercials on tv, just cruising along, followed by a tele lens.

Did someone other than me also miss more beauty shots of the Lando falcon in the new movie? The more elegant look of it could have been exploited a bit more with extra sequences. I thought it would naturally lead to shots as seen in car commercials on tv, just cruising along, followed by a tele lens.

Me! I was wondering why it was minimally used. I love Lando’s Falcon.

I think the answer is two things: First, regular moviegoers don't care about beauty shots of spaceships the way we do. The most extreme example of this is the refit Enterprise drydock flyby in Trek: The Motion Picture. Modelmakers and fans loved it, everyone else was bored to tears. That being said, the initial shots of the Falcon parked on the landing pad were at least as long and loving as the Mos Eisley "What a piece of junk" moment. I think once we all have the Solo blu-ray and can look at each shot frame by frame we'll see plenty of Falcon. Second, I think its part of the Star Wars style to treat space vehicles as common everyday vehicles -- no big deal. You don't linger on a shot of a Mack truck going down the road -- it's just a truck. At least that's the idea.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back