The14thDr's Quarter-Portions BUILD

The14thDr

Sr Member
I thought I'd kickstart this thread with some photos of what I'm trying to achieve.

This is what I think is a screengrab from the movie:
f8a0605c5c0f46f21e5742df1ed42c37.jpg

And here is an image from the Visual Dictionary:
395cc6fbd6b9714e2de6cb72e71b649a.jpg

One thing I'm wondering about is how to create the plastic wrapping. I'm under a completely zero-budget here, and I don't have access to any vacuum forming facilities to seal the packaging, etc.

Any help will be gladly appreciated.

Kind regards, The14thDr

Bump.

Any ideas on recreating the plastic wrapping on a zero-budget?

Also, does anyone know the rough measurements of the packaging? The best image I could get was this one, with Rey's hand in there as a reference point:
98c07ef0ccfbcbd2290fe686a46687fc.jpg

Take a sheet of paper. Draw an octagon on it. Take a pair of scissors. Cut following the lines. Test scale with your hand. Too big? Offset the line towards the inside. Cut again. Test, 'til you feel it's right.

For the vacuum sealing, you could try to glue all the sides but a small opening. Use a vacuum cleaner/hoover to vacuum. Hold the wrapping closed with your hand above the opening. Put glue. Seal the opening.

I've created a number of paper models to figure out the size of the quarter-portions, and 14x14cm seems to be the closest measurement.

Here's a quick template for the packaging that I mocked up in Publisher. (The dotted line shows where the segment for the bread powder ends.) I'm hoping this will be uploaded full-scale, but if not the image may need to be resized before printing.

quarter-portions.jpg

Kind regards, The14thDr

Last edited:
I'll definitely be watching this thread!! What kind of plastic do you plan to use? My first thought was just scavenging from Ziplocs but the wrapper looks a little less transparent then those

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back