ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Just chill dude LOL I like how you consider yourself a crusader in the name of the hobbysts. Hilarious. There is enough information out there describing the screen used TIE Pilot helmets, as well as the Anovos ones, and others. We are in the age of internet, you don't need to go to a library and borrow books to read there. You can also use Google, you know. You can also come to various forums and boards, plus Facebook groups, and ask members who own these helmets already. You are like those students wanting everything in a single place, to chew it instantly,, with no research of any kind on their part. And you still forgot to look on the Anovos Oxixo TIE Pilot site where it clearly says: Helmet is also available in Basic variant paint scheme, and the basic TIE Pilot it has a similar link: Helmet is also available in Lt. Oxixo variant paint scheme. Talking about missing the point again and again, to use your common phrase:facepalm...

Blah blah blah blah... So basically you can't do what you tell other people they should do. You know why you can't do it? Because you were making up crap to protect your fragile ego when someone had a personal opinion that did not match your own.

If a customer buys a product and it does not meet their expectations, that customer is entitled to their opinion regardless of how many reviews or research previously existed.

You are hilarious dude. :lol You miss every point, don't you, but keep pushing the same ol' same ol', ignoring certain parts (even when quoting) of what others have said. Do the research yourself, since you seem to be the keyboard crusader defending the helpless innocent customers against the evil collectible companies. Not even sure why I bother anymore. I bet you are like this:

words.jpg

Have a nice whatever... is where you are. Ciao

You are hilarious dude. :lol You miss every point, don't you, but keep pushing the same ol' same ol', ignoring certain parts (even when quoting) of what others have said. Do the research yourself, since you seem to be the keyboard crusader defending the helpless innocent customers against the evil collectible companies. Not even sure why I bother anymore. I bet you are like this:

View attachment 788610

Have a nice whatever... is where you are. Ciao

And you can keep kissing Anovos's butt.

Can we stop the childish comments and attacks? If the whole point of a post is to just attack another board member, please don't post it. Posts should be relevant to the topic, not personal attacks.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Anyone know the quality of their han holster?
worth the $500? I'm being told I should check out Todd's costumes for a holster half the price with just as good (or better) quality.

Can any confirm?

Overall, the quality is decent but I’d be willing to bet Todd’s leather is better.

The value in the Anovos holster is that it is reconfigurable into any of the various movie versions and includes the complete set of belt greeblies.

If you’re going to get one, I’d recommend ordering a size down as they run large.

Sean

Can we stop the childish comments and attacks? If the whole point of a post is to just attack another board member, please don't post it. Posts should be relevant to the topic, not personal attacks.

Good. We are agreed. No more attacking a customer's personal opinion of their Anovos product.

i am actually awaiting an Anovos, item. The General Merrick X-Wing helmet via Entertainment Earth. I hope I can give my opinion in the future without being told how ignorant I am. Of the few products I have received, I am pleased for the most part of the product, it's been the other company factors that have been problematic. I decided to purchase it because those that have the Rey scavenger helmet seem pleased and I have not heard of any quality issues. I hoping that those aspect will carry forward to this one.

I'd like to get the Inferno helmet but I have doubts about it based on what people are seeing with the wingman helmet. Does anyone know if the helmet is lopsided in the video game?

Also keeping an eye on the Sabine helmet. And wouldn't might some of the smaller items like the Imperial Admiral rank. I'd probably go for smother badges as well if they offered them.

Last edited:
And you can keep kissing Anovos's butt.

If you go back and read old posts, you would notice that he is a accuracy nut - and that he is by far no Anovos fan.
In fact we 2 had argued about the Anovos helmet as he was the opinion it is not accurate enough while i loved it for merging accurate shape with deleting the surface imperfections and sharpening the contours a bit.

He´s just telling you that today everybody should be able to teach himself before spending a amount he doesn´t want to risk to be upset. That´s all, and he is right with that.

Good. We are agreed. No more attacking a customer's personal opinion of their Anovos product.

i am actually awaiting an Anovos, item. The General Merrick X-Wing helmet via Entertainment Earth. I hope I can give my opinion in the future without being told how ignorant I am. Of the few products I have received, I am pleased for the most part of the product, it's been the other company factors that have been problematic. I decided to purchase it because those that have the Rey scavenger helmet seem pleased and I have not heard of any quality issues. I hoping that those aspect will carry forward to this one.

I'd like to get the Inferno helmet but I have doubts about it based on what people are seeing with the wingman helmet. Does anyone know if the helmet is lopsided in the video game?

Also keeping an eye on the Sabine helmet. And wouldn't might some of the smaller items like the Imperial Admiral rank. I'd probably go for smother badges as well if they offered them.
Opinions of products are great to post, especially of newly released products.

If a customer is disappointed with a product because of a poor description or lack of existing reviews, that should be pointed out. If there already are plenty of easily found reviews for the product prior to the customer ordering it and they are disappointed, that is lack of research.

In general I think Anovos does a very good job with the products from the newer films. Are they completely accurate to the screen used props? Probably not, but generally look pretty good.

Some of the OT products have issues. That may be a result of not having access to good samples to base the product on. Even if they have access to an original prop, some of them are in pretty bad condition.

He´s just telling you that today everybody should be able to teach himself before spending a amount he doesn´t want to risk to be upset. That´s all, and he is right with that.

And I am saying that Anovos needs to be clear on what it is they are selling in both the way they describe the item and in images. If the thin plastic, lopsided nature are actual details they strive for in this product, then why not feature those details?

If a customer is disappointed with a product because of a poor description or lack of existing reviews, that should be pointed out. If there already are plenty of easily found reviews for the product prior to the customer ordering it and they are disappointed, that is lack of research.

If a man gets mugged walking down the street and they catch they guy, is it fair to let him go because he was walking in a known bad neighborhood and you should have known? No. The mugger is still at fault and you are still the victim no matter if you used poor judgment or may just unfamiliar or unaware of you location.

Yes reviews are great. Anyone who has been around here since the start knows I created and ran a site for costume and prop replicas called the Buyer Strikes Back. I was to trying to educate collectors as to what they might expect when dealing with that seller. Let's say they read reviews of a seller that are 100% negative but they decide to take a chance and buy from that person. When things go bad, the fault is still with the seller if they did not meet customer satisfaction. The customer is still allowed to be disappointed they just shouldn't be surprised.

And I am saying that Anovos needs to be clear on what it is they are selling in both the way they describe the item and in images. If the thin plastic, lopsided nature are actual details they strive for in this product, then why not feature those details?

They did. Good enough even I was knowing what i get when i ordered my OT - and i am by far no expert on helmets.

Maybe not berated - but:

"Check out the item as good as possible - before spending your money" is still a good tip for buying in this hobby. Helped me very often a long way.

From a outside point of view (mine) ..... you both are right, up to a certain point. But unfortunately atm. you both seem to see only the part of the other where you are most upset with.

Overall, the quality is decent but I’d be willing to bet Todd’s leather is better.

The value in the Anovos holster is that it is reconfigurable into any of the various movie versions and includes the complete set of belt greeblies.

If you’re going to get one, I’d recommend ordering a size down as they run large.

Sean

Damn.

This is month I already picked up the Han ensemble and mukluks, snowy armor kit, snowy duster and pouches.

Hopefully, it’ll still be in stock next month. :(

Just to to be on the safe side, I’ll pick up the anovos droid caller. If I get the anovos holster next month, I should be able to sell the droid caller for what I bought it for, I hope.

Sean

Thanks for this. Which one runs larger? My GF is getting my a birthday gift. She wants it to be the Han belt from Todd's. Thanks!

Denny

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back