Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Solder the batteries? yes. Done it a few times.

One of mine swelled up like a balloon, so I think I disposed of it. Should have removed and kept the protection circuit of that one and it might have been a good add on to a replacement battery. I can buy them locally without the protection circuit.

- - - Updated - - -

I would imagine part of it is due to the fact that the switch is electronic rather than a mechanical locking type switch. Without some kind of PCB/chip set-up you would require the switch to maintain the connection rather than just activate it.

Yeah, that is right, the original shoes had their board and battery encased in hard plastic. The switch in the V2 was a pressure switch and only closed the contacts when pressed down. This allowed a pulse to be sent to the board to turn the lights on.

I own a soldering iron... I think I've used it once. I don't know anything about electronics. Can a first timer do this without destroying everything?
Tip. Tin both connections and then sweat them together. This gives a nice good joint without excess heat.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

$400.... I thought China was cheap?

We need to find out where to get them

I hate how the price of these shoes came from the original hype that came from the ebay auctions in 2011 and this practice has been going on since the V2s came out. And now it apparently carries over to replacement parts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back