Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Well, David isn't budging and won't send me any replacements. Very bummed that I got a defective pair.

The wife is giving me a serious hard time for spending this much on something that doesn't work and then when they don't work being asked to pay more. Obviously she doesn't know all the ins and outs.

I knew the electronics would eventually fail but I never thought they'd show up without working.

Well, David isn't budging and won't send me any replacements. Very bummed that I got a defective pair.

The wife is giving me a serious hard time for spending this much on something that doesn't work and then when they don't work being asked to pay more. Obviously she doesn't know all the ins and outs.

I knew the electronics would eventually fail but I never thought they'd show up without working.
What is your Skype name? I know David very well, (it's how I was able to get my free motors), I might be able to help you out

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Dude... find out how must postage is to the UK...

I will have the broken pair for $200

rubberpoultry I have to disagree with cavx. Keep turning them on until they do Norm light up anymore. This will not damage the battery. I’ve done this 30-40 times and it’s never effected the battery or the chargeability. Once they are dead (so they do not turn on at all) plug them in for an hour and see if they charge. I’m going to bet that your problem shoe isn’t charging.

Last edited by a moderator:
@rubberpoultry I have to disagree with @cavx. Keep turning them on until they do Norm light up anymore. This will not damage the battery. I’ve done this 30-40 times and it’s never effected the battery or the chargeability. Once they are dead (so they do not turn on at all) plug them in for an hour and see if they charge. I’m going to bet that your problem shoe isn’t charging.

I can give it a shot. David offered to send me a new battery and EL, but I figured it was the control board or something that isn't working.

If they aren't receiving a charge, I'm still fairly screwed though right? I'd need a new board wouldn't I?

So far the best offer is for him to send me that, or for me to pay $200 for another pair. If he'd come down to $100, I think I could get away with it.

@rubberpoultry If your charge port is broken, there is a fix. I’ve fixed several. First see if they charge after being dead. Then I can help you. Try to get David to send you the electronics board and EL set (both shoes).

After a heap of negotiating, I got him to come down from $150 to $120 for my replacement pair, so I don't think he will drop 100 off the asking price. No harm in asking though.
That is an amazing price. Even if you fix them, I would get the second pair just as back up or display.

I would buy them right now if I could get them for that price. If only......lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If you could only experience the ridicule I'm getting from my wife these last couple of days! :)

She was like, "You were going to get $200 shoes that didn't light up, and I said OK. Then you upgraded to $450 shoes that you said were better quality. Now when they don't work they want you to give them more money. $650 total for shoes is insane. For shoes you don't even plan to wear."

While you and I know that $200 for a pair of these is a great price, it does sound a little crazy to send more money to someone who sent you broken shoes, and to spend $650 on 2 pairs of shoes.

I'm sure some of you can relate. Others, maybe not.

If I can get him to a place where I can afford them, I'd love to have a display pair and the broken pair would be a wear pair.

I'm so disappointed right now. I never thought I'd get the V3s. I sure wish they'd not come broken.

It's stuff like this that has me convinced I should just buy a broken pair in the first place. They'll be costume shoes and often worn, so they'll just end up breaking anyways.

Probably to later drop the price back to the original price for some phony "sale" to make them look like you're saving a bunch of money. They did the same thing during the holidays.

When the lights are working, I do love these things.

Here’s my 9 year old just now. :)

e39fc526c97b51f127c58bb56e31ccb6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back