New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis

Is there a rod that goes through the inside like the original prop as well or is the spinning emitter just a gimmick and doesn't really work like original prop?im glad to see it can spin but it's still hard to get passed all the seperate pieces.i really hope you do another run that is as accurate to the original props as your previous three piece. I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way but I'd be willing to pay a little bit more to have it designed closer to the three piece version, if you would be willing to do a second desighn and offered both versions. I think this one looks great but knowing that there could be a more accurate design this wouldn't be the final v2 I would need to get to feel like I got the very best version of this lightsaber.

I plan for this to be my last v2 run. I'd only be interested in doing another run if I was given hands on access to the original prop.

- - - Updated - - -

A king amongst men! Thank you! I'm looking to get the base hilt and the replacement head (if that's still an option) for future modding. I'll reimburse you for the kindness when I get back.

Im not sure if Im going to do stand alone emitters. That was the plan when I was anticipating keeping the pommel and booster from my old design. But as the redesign progressed and every part changed, it kinda stopped making sense.

I haven't seen this posted, nor asked yet...so I figured I'd ask. Is there any chance we'd be able to get a Thingiverse add so those of us without the cash, or need for a metal prop could print our own?? The ones currently on thingiverse aren't all that accurate. :cry
My wife won't ever let me spend the kind of money that I'm guessing would be required to own one of these. I'd even be willing to pay a fee to be able to print it at home.

This thing looks amazing! Guess I definitely will be selling my incomplete 2nd run and getting this new version!

Anakin Starkiller
May be instead of two emmiter caps like the solo's hold v2 (1 for blade, 1 for accuracy/static) and like you propose only the one for the blade could be used with an extra nipple that will be hold by the set screw like on the the sketch shown before on the thread (see picture)

On this nipple we could attach a rode via the top set screw. The rode will slide into the grenade section via the neck.
Doing so people looking for a static hilt will get a design very close to the original prop while still allowing FX conversion.
May someone will even design a concept with a motor to be inserted in the saber to spin the rode/emmiter.

18fb3a55c0841d3d6b3a7342c7d8ab12.jpg

Envoyé de mon PLK-L01 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
@anakin Starkiller
May be instead of two emmiter caps like the solo's hold v2 (1 for blade, 1 for accuracy/static) and like you propose only the one for the blade could be used with an extra nipple that will be hold by the set screw like on the the sketch shown before on the thread (see picture)

By all accounts (and appearances), the diameter of the hole required for this to be prop accurate would also be too small to function with a standard saber blade.

Yes. That is correct. The way I have it now allows for a blade to be used or allows for the non blade emitter cap to be used and looks completely accurate. The emitter spins in either configuration. Its the most accurate design ever and gives you both options. And if you wanted to permanently fix the emitter as one piece and use a longer rod and collar like the old design, you could even do that. I really have put quire a deal of thought and design into this guys :)

Yes. That is correct. The way I have it now allows for a blade to be used or allows for the non blade emitter cap to be used and looks completely accurate. The emitter spins in either configuration. Its the most accurate design ever and gives you both options. And if you wanted to permanently fix the emitter as one piece and use a longer rod and collar like the old design, you could even do that. I really have put quire a deal of thought and design into this guys :)

Thanks Dan for putting so much effort and thought into this hilt. I know I haven't been a member nearly as long as others here but I do know getting a Luke ROTJ hilt from you would be a fine addition to my collection. This may be my first from you but probably not my last (looking forward to the next Hero run).

No. Totally custom machined. I agree with AS. Looks like some kind of machining mark\artifact.

Has it been confirmed that it's totally machined, or is it just specualtion?

To me it looks like the hand wheel has been cut down and slipped over a tube.

Has it been confirmed that it's totally machined, or is it just specualtion?

To me it looks like the hand wheel has been cut down and slipped over a tube.

The current owner of the original v2 and people who have handled it have confirmed it.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back