Tomenosuke blaster assembly kit tips and tricks, help the new builders

someone that removed one already might be more helpful, but on my kit, I put it almost completely and then removed it. I kind of turned it one way and the other slowly and it finally came off. when totaly in, it must be a lot more difficult, but I guess the best way is to try very slowly and patiently.
you can of course try to saw it. You have to know that the part with the small teeth that is closest to the other gun part is a separate part, if you want to cut it, maybe you can cut that small part with really sharp pliers cutters, this will open a clear path to the cylinder to cut. by the way, just remembered that the binding post itself is not zamac but more likely brass, so a lot harder to cut.

Personally, and I'm just giving my point of view here and you do what you want with it, the binding post on the Tomen is quite close to the real thing. In my case, I didn't replace it. I replaced the weaver knob however because it's a bit poor on the tomen. If I had a vintage radio, I would just display it next to the tomen maybe, and change the weaver knob instead.
sorry, just giving you more stuff to do ;)
at some point my girlfriend said, I don't understand why you bought a kit, you just changed all the parts... well, no I didn't change all the parts, but to her, it was like so.
cheers :)

Happy new year to all. :)
@Ethan, so you can actually confirm than that the binding post in the Tomen is just jammed in but not screwed or wielded?

I will have to wait anyway until the EE8 phone arrives and check out it's binding post. before I can decide any further.

BTW have you considered doing the wire mod on the left side of the Tomen?

DSC_1544b.jpg

Hey, I didnt. Just went ahead and assembled it. I'll fix it at some point but just wanted the thing whole again :)

The spring (part #59 the cylinder stop spring in your manual) isn't engaging the cylinder stop latch.

Did you get the trigger problem fixed (the cylinder not rotating when you pull the trigger)?
I have the same problem.

Last edited:
Are you referring to cutting the left cylinder cover or the backside of the magazine or both?
I cannot figure out where the wires would go into the magazine...

The cover. As you can see the wires run on the inside AND the outside of the cylinder cover before meeting via a slot in the cover.

You will probably have to drill the magazine too in order to fit wires of the accurate size. IIRC there is a tiny hole in the back of the magazine, but too small to run wires of this size. The mag and the mag housing are a tight fit on the Tomen, so personally I wouldn't just squeeze the wires in between the two.

But basically it's difficult to say exactly how the wires are hooked to the mag...

3641035564_7a4eac411f_o.jpg

Last edited:
The cover. As you can see the wires run on the inside AND the outside of the cylinder cover before meeting via a slot in the cover.

You will probably have to drill the magazine too in order to fit wires of the accurate size. IIRC there is a tiny hole in the back of the magazine, but too small to run wires of this size. The mag and the mag housing is a tight fit on the Tomen, so personally I wouldn't just squeeze the wires in between the two.

But basically it's difficult to say exactly how the wires are hooked to the mag...

View attachment 784170

OK, I got it.

Any suggestions how to best drill a hole in the left side cover of the cylinder and the backside (plastic) of the magazine?
Thanks.

OK, I got it.

Any suggestions how to best drill a hole in the left side cover of the cylinder and the backside (plastic) of the magazine?
Thanks.

Still trying to figure out myself. Best advice: Think it through MANY times before you drill or cut anything ;)

If you havn't drilled or cut metal before - practice!

for the side cover, I don't think it's really a hole, it's a slot as Buch mentioned, so I would file the slot gently with a tiny file, not drill it. :)

Is the side cover made of Zamac as well? Maybe one could use a small metal saw or a fine Dremel to make the slot?

How did you guys drill the hole for the original Weaver knob on the right cylinder cover then?

Last edited:
I dont think you need to actually drill or make the hole in the magazine housing larger for the wires. After I put mine together there was a small space between the magazine housing and the barrel (completely out of sight though, you can only see it with the magazine removed). This gap offered more than enough room for me to tuck all the wires in.

I dont think you need to actually drill or make the hole in the magazine housing larger for the wires. After I put mine together there was a small space between the magazine housing and the barrel (completely out of sight though, you can only see it with the magazine removed). This gap offered more than enough room for me to tuck all the wires in.

Can you post a photo? :)

Can you post a photo? :)

Excuse the crappy photo, it's very hard to get a good shot of (and the fact I've only used 2 wires, 4 can still easily fit). Basically the wires can be run up between the trigger guard and magazine housing (towards the barrel) and then fed in between the small gap between the MH and barrel.

EDIT: Also ignore the wire in the magazine hole, I only put it there to keep the excess wire out of the photo

F18B39B5-7BC6-4C3F-92B4-B396146A7A49.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back