Heiland flash tube restoration?

PropReplicator2

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I got a heiland flash tube off of someone for free when they thought they could turn it into a lightsaber, and destroyed on of the holes on the back, and sanded away alot of the chrome finished. I have since filled in most of the damage with steel putty from the inside, sanded it down, and have stripped the rest of the chrome finished off with 0000 steel wool to make it even. I just need to re-chrome plate it.

I now need to know, who on here has a chroming company they trust or have used efficiently before? Maybe for motorcycle parts? Not sure... Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Here's and idea, don't restore it, turn it into a ESB EE3 barrel.
That's what I want to restore it for. I just want it to look uniform before I mess it up again;) the hole is a hugggee nasty gash now from where I think he might have tried to us pliers to widen it (?). Horrifying. I'll post pics ASAP.

The unfortunate thing about the foil tape solution is that that stuff crinkles and scuff really easily.

I've seen some damn good mods with a Heiland on this site, and most people who go the extra length of getting things re-chromed, I see them going to auto shops to get it done.

The unfortunate thing about the foil tape solution is that that stuff crinkles and scuff really easily.

I've seen some damn good mods with a Heiland on this site, and most people who go the extra length of getting things re-chromed, I see them going to auto shops to get it done.
Agreed. I was thinking about my local Harley Davidson restoration shop. Not looking for a cheap option ( though thatd be nice) but one that gives a good end product. Like the difference between buying a blade builders Luke saber, and one of Starkillers sabers.. ones cheap and easily taken care of, and the other is more expensive but definitely worth it in the end.

Rustoleum chrome paint (find it at the auto supply store) has a convincing "polished steel" look (not bright reflecty chrome, no), that IMO would work quite nicely for an EE-3.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back