USS Indianapolis

He's got to be there somewhere!

As unlikely as it is, I have to admit I'd smile if I heard a brief mention of someone named Quint serving aboard :)

So how big of a historically inaccurate slap to the face of veterans will this be? Those commie bums in Hollywood should be banned from making war movies. It's even worse with Cage being in it.

So, all the best American war movies are made overseas, by foreigners, are they?

You're absolutely right about them being commies: no millionaires in Hollywood...

It's another tragedy movie so in the spirit of the 3 way romance, this time it must be between Cage, Sizemore, and Jane. Navy and all ;) at MJF.

I'm guessing the first hour will be Cage's character exploits/military history. Don't discount previous service with Jane's and or Sizemore's character.
Second hour will be the mission deliverring the bomb and ending with the sub attack and a 15 min sinking of the ship and 'splosions. Remaining time will be spent in the water with Cage defending his crew against the sharks, if not sacrificing himself for them after his penance stare doesn't workagainst the sharks' lifeless, soulless eyes.

The end.

Considering you can rent it right now via VOD is not a good sign. Can you say turkey? Gobble gobble.

Eleven hundred men went in the water, three hundred and sixteen men come out, the sharks took the rest...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's another tragedy movie so in the spirit of the 3 way romance, this time it must be between Cage, Sizemore, and Jane. Navy and all ;) at MJF.

I'm guessing the first hour will be Cage's character exploits/military history. Don't discount previous service with Jane's and or Sizemore's character.
Second hour will be the mission deliverring the bomb and ending with the sub attack and a 15 min sinking of the ship and 'splosions. Remaining time will be spent in the water with Cage defending his crew against the sharks, if not sacrificing himself for them after his penance stare doesn't workagainst the sharks' lifeless, soulless eyes.

The end.

You're probably right except for the part about Cage sacrificing himself since the captain did actually survive only to be made a scapegoat by the Navy brass.

He's got to be there somewhere!

As unlikely as it is, I have to admit I'd smile if I heard a brief mention of someone named Quint serving aboard :)

As much of a die hard Jaws fan that I am, it pains me to have to point out that in Quints Indianapolis speech, he got the date wrong. Indy was not sunk on June 29th. It was early morning July 30

As much of a die hard Jaws fan that I am, it pains me to have to point out that in Quints Indianapolis speech, he got the date wrong. Indy was not sunk on June 29th. It was early morning July 30

To be fair, he WAS drunk. I'd like to know for certain if someone who was drunk like him at that moment get dates right.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back