2 New crook recasters in Australia are ripping off US and Europe props makers

I'm pretty sure Elro and I would be keen to do some too. I go to pretty much all the Supanova's (except perth no offence guys, but it's too far :p) so i'd be glad to team up with a person in each state to help host or put on a workshop or something.

YEP! I do latex masks / bits mainly - About to start doing some small runs of things to see how they go first ;) If we are all serious about doing this we can probably discuss items worth making.

As for the stall - Progress pics (that arent just 'cast" versions) on display for each item will go down nicely ;)

I'm planning on starting to do the con circuit in a year or two with a stall selling a few of MY OWN props... I would be happy to do something with a few other rpf members!

I'm pretty sure Elro and I would be keen to do some too. I go to pretty much all the Supanova's (except perth no offence guys, but it's too far :p) so i'd be glad to team up with a person in each state to help host or put on a workshop or something.

YEP! I do latex masks / bits mainly - About to start doing some small runs of things to see how they go first ;) If we are all serious about doing this we can probably discuss items worth making.

As for the stall - Progress pics (that arent just 'cast" versions) on display for each item will go down nicely ;)

Haha, yeah good plan :p I would bring a portfolio of various work and progress pics, or I could bring the originals, several iterations of the moulds and my Bachelors degree in prop making... (yes that is a real thing)

I have my Phurba Daggers as well as moulds of a couple other things from the past few years I could sell at cons, although I would ideally like at least 10 different well selling items that I can have multiple casts in both kit and finished versions before I would get my own stall at a con. Nonetheless we should talk about it!

I would love to see a few members showing off their talent.....I'm just starting to get into the sculpting and Painting. BTW are we seeing any of you this year at Geddon in Melbourne ?

Well, in afew weeks/months I will have my Zer0 from Borderlands Helmet, as well as my Iron Man Mk 3 to 7 Helmet Cast and moulded.

I think its time to get an RPF event in there for next year. Show them how real prop makers work!
Yep, I have seen some workshops where the artist bring all the materials they need to cast up, make moulds and even pul a part just like those cooking shows you see, right in the panel.

With a little fire under a few recasted members the issue was solved "This Account Has Been Suspended" FYC is gone, however it wouldn't be hard to reset up under a new id. now if only there could be some way to protect your "prop"erty with some kind of law to envoke some kind of criminal suit for damages.

With a little fire under a few recasted members the issue was solved "This Account Has Been Suspended" FYC is gone, however it wouldn't be hard to reset up under a new id. now if only there could be some way to protect your "prop"erty with some kind of law to envoke some kind of criminal suit for damages.

Their website went down weeks ago very early on. Their FB page is still up and running and has not been updated in the same time but they have lost quite a few supporters in the wake of this as well as other conventions around the country taking note.

You can call it a cliche all you want, 1 post or 2,447 posts, doesn't matter, you're no better than me cuz you have more posts.
Still doesn't negate the fact that it's a bit hypocritical, but it seems common practice to turn a blind eye when it comes to IP.
It's like Steve Jobs stealing their OS from Xerox, then bitching that Bill Gates stole it off Steve Jobs to make Microsoft Windows.

Bad analogy. Steve Jobs and Apple copied the technology they saw at Xerox Park. Bill Gates and Microsoft licensed the technology from Apple to create the look of Windows.

(So long time lurker and it's a shame that this is how I'm breaking my silence.)

Find Your Collectibles is back under a new name: http://www.edenarmoury.com/

I've just had someone official confirm that the name registered on the form is Matthew Klimenko.

He was at AVCon (Adelaide and Video Game convention just the weekend past) with a sign advertising kits for $20. Conveniently he has no work in progress shots. He's also unable to give price estimates on custom orders.

Does anyone recognise any of the works posted?

(EDIT: Sorry for the thread necromancy, I just figured that this was all relevant background information and context to have.)

http://www.wix.com/upgrade/abuse#!copyright-infringiment/cnaa Submit a report to wix.com(the host of edenarmoury). The more reports the better :)

I read this thread a while ago and haven't seen them in Perth yet so far. Also, the new site is blank for me. Taken down maybe?

no it is still active. If they are using a wix account build, there is a possibility they do not support mobil sites, so if you are on your phone it might not open.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back