Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
I am not well versed in the comic book story lines (always preferred the "anti-heros" over goody-goodys) so without going into TOO much detail can someone theorize how Capt. Marvel is going to swoop in and save the day? I have a hard time getting in line with just one hero turning the tide after so many went down. Feel to PM me if you like.

I am not well versed in the comic book story lines (always preferred the "anti-heros" over goody-goodys) so without going into TOO much detail can someone theorize how Capt. Marvel is going to swoop in and save the day? I have a hard time getting in line with just one hero turning the tide after so many went down. Feel to PM me if you like.

I doubt it will just be her. She'll probably be bringing the Kree and some other technologically advanced species along with her. I don't know who owns the rights to the Shi'ar with regard to movies, ATM, but this could be a means of introducing them into the MCU.

I doubt it will just be her. She'll probably be bringing the Kree and some other technologically advanced species along with her. I don't know who owns the rights to the Shi'ar with regard to movies, ATM, but this could be a means of introducing them into the MCU.

Given how closely the Shi'ar are intertwined with the Phoenix Force in comic history, I'd wager the rights to them are owned by Fox.

That said, now that Disney owns the Fox assets, including X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool, it could very well be that the Shi'ar and even the Skrulls can show up.

Infinity War comes out on tape on July 31

It will pair well with my copy of GOTG :lol

EAvigkw.jpg

Sucks for the teams at Fox still working on Silver Surfer and Doctor Doom movies in the expectation the deal won't go through...

Not really. They already said they wanted to incorporate the Fantastic Four into the MCU, so it's a good bet that they'll just adapt the films. Especially Doctor Doom. I mean, it's supposed to star Mads Mikkelson as Doom. That's perfect casting. Like, on par with RDJ as Tony Stark, Patrick Stewart as Professor X, Michael Chiklis as Ben Grimm, and Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool levels of perfect casting.

Not really. They already said they wanted to incorporate the Fantastic Four into the MCU, so it's a good bet that they'll just adapt the films. Especially Doctor Doom. I mean, it's supposed to star Mads Mikkelson as Doom. That's perfect casting. Like, on par with RDJ as Tony Stark, Patrick Stewart as Professor X, Michael Chiklis as Ben Grimm, and Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool levels of perfect casting.

Miklelson would be perfect casting for Doom. Really you need Marvel's top notch writing team to take him on.

FoxDoom in 2 incarnations has been weak sauce. I want Doom to be as threatening as Darth Vader and driven as Thanos of his objectives.

You need a good Reed Richards to balance him too. Who could be cast?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Miklelson would be perfect casting for Doom. Really you need Marvel's top notch writing team to take him on.

FoxDoom in 2 incarnations has been weak sauce. I want Doom to be as threatening as Darth Vader and driven as Thanos of his objectives.

You need a good Reed Richards to balance him too. Who could be cast?

I just figured it out. Mads would play BOTH Reed Richards AND Doom!

So... I picked up the prelude. And there's this passage in it. It could foreshadow and confirm the soul-world/stone theories...
STl5ujFh.jpg

I can't believe they pulled that off. I figured it would be bloated and unfocused, but it 100% stuck the landing. I go back and forth on Marvel, get burned out and annoyed, but IW has me psyched about these characters again. Loved it.
I am in full agreement.

I am so burnt on what Disney has done with star wars (my first love). But they've actually brought me back to marvel

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Just caught this on a re-read...

Ned - This is a rather strange one, to me, because you'd think it wouldn't be spoilers? But given that Peter should have been with Ned, and Ned should have known what happened to him, I have a feeling he survived, and he gets grilled by May. Possibly leading to May finding out that Peter is Spiderman, which would make things interesting for Homecoming 2, especially if Peter doesn't know that she knows, and keeps trying to hide it from her.

She already knows. The end of Homecomeing, when Peter comes home, slips through the window, starts changing out of his costume, suddenly realizes May is in the doorway staring at him, and her "WHAT THE F--!" [cut to credits]

I'm confused....

If Thanos has been around for centuries...Why didn't Odin fight him? Thanos may have been beyond the nine realms but he was sure a threat all over the universe. Or why Odin, Thor, and Asgard itself not aware of Thanos?

I'm confused....

If Thanos has been around for centuries...Why didn't Odin fight him? Thanos may have been beyond the nine realms but he was sure a threat all over the universe. Or why Odin, Thor, and Asgard itself not aware of Thanos?

Thanos steered clear until the death of Odin and the end of Asgard, which is why Loki was sent to Earth while he watched from afar

Thanos steered clear until the death of Odin and the end of Asgard, which is why Loki was sent to Earth
while he watched from afar

Good point....but it's just hard to believe Asgard to not be aware of Thanos when the Mad Titan himself causing genocide all over the universe...that alone should get Asgard's attention and for Heimdall to see

Good point....but it's just hard to believe Asgard to not be aware of Thanos when the Mad Titan himself causing genocide all over the universe...that alone should get Asgard's attention and for Heimdall to see
Don't forget that Thanos wasn't a real threat until he started accumulating the Infinity Stones. It is presumed he had been carrying out his will on a small scale, one planet at a time for a long time so he probably wasn't an immediate threat. So they might have known but just had other more pressing matters.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back