Solo: A Star Wars Story

I think you'd feel differently if you were ever in the creative's room. Watching excited artists take scripts and design concept ships, characters, costumes, props....

if you ever sat in the first meetings where previz is shown or board artists pitch their scenes to applause from directors and crew.

Lunches where board artists and editors meet and discuss ways to make it better, then call meetings with the directors to share their ideas - sometimes to grimaces, sometimes to slaps on the back.

You're not picturing meetings where someone sees a movie at home, unrelated, but suggests a bit part actor that was in it who may play well for the film, then the excitement when that person finds out they got spotted for their small role and it may change their life - I've seen this. Fun.

You don't see when people are building sets in another country, excited to shoot in the heat, rain and otherwise because it's ****ING STAR WARS.

You don't see the rough cut screening where hundreds of people for the first time see their hard work cut together - right before animation and efx get their hands on the shot film for months and months of work ahead.

You don't see the small studios busting their ass finessing shots for hours to "reanimate a dead corpse" - as you refer to it.

So maybe look passed what you think you "see on the screen".

Because that movie wasn't made by a committee in a boardroom... as much as you'd like to see it that way.

THAT kind of thinking IS actually gross.

What a load of crap. What a pretentious load of crap.

Who gives AF if the artists are enjoying their work, and stoked about their big break of getting to work in a Star Wars film. Hooray for them. None of that means squat to the viewer (in this case, MooCriket) if the story is garbage.

Many of the artists--VFX guys, costume designers, set builders, etc.--do great work. And some may even have high SWIQs. But so what?? With the low-SWIQ, SJW-driven writing and directing, we end up getting aesthetically good-looking films that stink. (And I'm not sure how aesthetically good looking they really are.)

Right after George's screening of TLJ, Rian Johnson's staffer asked him for his take on it. And all George could muster up was, "It was beautifully made.". That's it. The staffer, when pressed on the brevity of George's comment by a reporter said, "Oh, well, Mr. Lucas had some other kind words for Rian that he gave him privately.". Hah!

Lucas hated the film, and rightly so. But yeah, it was "beautifully made". Which is tantamount to saying about a first date, "She's got a good personality.". (Translation: I won't be seeing her again.)

The Wook

Last edited by a moderator:
No, the Lando issue is retroactive and worth discussing. General inclusion of new characters of varying races is entirely immaterial to the story and when the complaints come from predominantly white male fans it sounds even more petty, but you know all about that.

I’m a born and raised Catholic Eurasian living in what was back ( 3yr old at time of immigration with family ) , then a predominately White Anglo run country .
Still is if I think about it too hard ... Ugghh - politics ! :behave... still very happy and grateful to be living here though !:p

What’s my point ?... Bryan , no offence but not everyone who has problems ( serious and not - so ) with the direction some of these ‘ New ‘ SW films have/ are taking for whatever ‘ trumped up reason/ s ‘ isn’t solely based on their gender , culture , race or personal orientation . You know that mate . I’m putting it down to work related stress !:lol

:cheersGed

Saw the reveal of Lando being pansexual...
Said to myself “Oh I bet there’s some freak outs happening on RPF...

EIther way though, my question to everyone so worked up, upset, mad, and/or in hate over it, let me ask a simple question: why?

Are you made because change is bad? Does it REALLY effect you on a personal level? Doesit change anything for you, or how you feel about the movies?

Change is good , needed even in certain circumstances , and when experienced naturally for an overall positive outcome then I’m all for it whether it’s film related or real world .
However , when it’s done solely out of self interest and for ostensibly kicking off ( promoting a film ) un-needed / warranted , heated discourse from an already disenfranchised portion of it’s fan base ... then NO.

:cheers
Ged

What a load of crap. What a pretentious load of crap.

The Wook

Pretentious is you and your SWIQ crap. I'll ignore the rest of what's written cuz I don't read posts with your SWIQ trolling BS.

This site and its posts ripping apart every frame of every trailer... reading into every line of every interview - then the poster acting like they should be the gate keeper of what is and isn't Star Wars is getting REALLY tired.

Maybe I'm just done with the entertainment section here.

Wook don't bother quoting this. I won't read or reply

Last edited:
Odd that I loved Deadpool and the new LGBT characters. And Domino was my favorite new character. Everyone here wants me to feel racist and sexist because I’m calling out Nu-Wars and their crammed in force fed PC BS.

deadpool was pure awesomeness. The gay/bi/whatever stuff and the new strong black woman character were all awesome. Period.

Domino!!!!

Odd that I loved Deadpool and the new LGBT characters. And Domino was my favorite new character. Everyone here wants me to feel racist and sexist because I’m calling out Nu-Wars and their crammed in force fed PC BS.

deadpool was pure awesomeness. The gay/bi/whatever stuff and the new strong black woman character were all awesome. Period.

Domino!!!!

Yeah, but sadly it's not enough for the activists in the gay community to have new characters representing their orientation in films. No, they're determined to take iconic hetero characters and retcon them into gays (bi, whatever), as a way of sticking it to the hetero community, which they believe has been persecuting them all these years.

It's so petty, and spiteful, that ironically, it mostly inspires backlashes against them and their cause.

But don't try telling them that. They're so entrenched in their own victimhood and hatred, they won't hear a word of it, as they point to you and cry out, "HOMOPHOBE!".

The Wook

Last edited:
I think Lucasfilm just needs to let go of the OT and move on. They should have known that fans don't like the tinkering of the characters and stories from the OT going all the way back to the special editions.

Of course they know that, Nitz. But they don't give AF.

KK and the like-minded people she hires believe Star Wars was a "social injustice", with its almost exclusively white, hetero male cast. They hold the OT films in contempt. And they are determined to retcon those films and characters in the name of "social justice".

The Wook

Last edited:
Yeah, but sadly it's not enough for the activists in the gay community to have new characters representing their orientation in films. No, they're determined to take iconic hetero characters and retcon them into gays (bi, whatever), as a way of sticking it to the hetero community, which they believe has been persecuting them all these years.

It's so petty, and spiteful, that ironically, it mostly inspires backlashes against them and their cause.

But don't try telling them that. They're so entrenched in their own victimhood and hatred, they won't hear a word of it, as they point to you and cry out, "HOMOPHOBE!".

The Wook

Ohh you’re one of those guys. The ones the believe there’s a gay conspiracy. That makes sense. The irony of saying that then crying about being called a homophobe is pretty entertaining.

For me, Star Wars started at episode 4 and ended at episode 6. No other movies exist in my mind and I’m happy.

That's something I don't understand. For me, it's like the Bond films. Sean Connery is James Bond to me. I can watch other actors in other movies, and I can enjoy them and add them to the Bond mythos anyway. I don't don't have to ignore them. For me, there are two great Star Wars movies (ANH and ESB. ROTJ is a virtually unwatchable train wreck). The rest of the movies are okay to varying degrees, but I don't have exist in a state of denial. I enjoy them for their good points and accept their flaws. To me, it's part of being a Star Wars fan.

I was having a conversation a while back with my friend at work, (pre Black Panther) and we were talking about how they plan on recasting both the Spiderman and James Bond rolls with black actors. She said that her, being an African American, is insulted that they can't come up with a new strong black character that can stand on their own feet, and that they feel they have to use the weight of an already existing character to make it work. I wonder if any pansexuals would feel the same?

I was having a conversation a while back with my friend at work, (pre Black Panther) and we were talking about how they plan on recasting both the Spiderman and James Bond rolls with black actors. She said that her, being an African American, is insulted that they can't come up with a new strong black character that can stand on their own feet, and that they feel they have to use the weight of an already existing character to make it work. I wonder if any pansexuals would feel the same?

I would like to see a black Archie Bunker.

Oh wait...we had that. George Jefferson. lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back