eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Responding to how long it takes to get a helmet from RS, it really varies in the complexity of the helmet. Every time I be ordered from them it takes about 2 months.

scout_compare.png

Have you ever seen anything else from him?

Mistakes are only and ever made by the others. We just don´t understand the high level of his knowledge, we stupid folks.

My comment wasn’t actually directed at anyone in particular (although appreciate it could come across that way). But I am frustrated that there are quite a few people here and on other forums who are either making excuses for it, or else suggesting that as it’s 'idealised' it’s what the fictional helmet is supposed to look like!

Cheers

Jez

Looks like somebody sat on the mold to get the face to flare that much.No hinges showing on the originals.So ILM let them use the reject mold?Or the Hasbro mold

I'd be more forgiving of that visor gap had the bolts been covered, but from these pics of the EFX lid, you can see right through the bottom of the helmet. I can see the light shine through it. What is that??

I'd be more forgiving of that visor gap had the bolts been covered, but from these pics of the EFX lid, you can see right through the bottom of the helmet. I can see the light shine through it. What is that??

Agreed, that’s my biggest beef with the helmet as it just makes it look damn ugly and incredibly inaccurate from any angle above eye level. I can maybe ignore the warping around the jawline, or that you can’t close the visor completely - and I know the flattened curve of the visor is just me nit-picking....

But that huge awful gap, revealing the ugly carbuncle bung pivots! Only to hear that this is the price we’ve paid so the visor can be raised a full 90 degrees (something that’s never seen onscreen!). Let’s face it, even in fibreglass they could have addressed that issue by reworking the pivots (or just don’t let the visor lift too high). Absolutely pointless "feature"

The only reasonable response EFX could make is "yeah we screwed up guys we’re sorry", but to try and play it like there’s not an issue is just contemptible.

Cheers

Jez

For efx to ship out that travesty, is not only an insult, but a direct crisp slap in the face to all who ordered it :unsure

Just when you thought they could’nt go any lower :facepalm

Who trimmed the RS visor with that silly shape in it ??? At least with extra material being there (rather than material thats missing) it can still be trimmed like it should be. It looks horrible trimmed like that though.
I spent ages building my RS helmets so i have a small gap, but no catching when i open the face. You can't beat building helmets yourself in my opinion. Not only are you in control of how it will look when its finished, you can also choose a specific original helmet to replicate 100%.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back