Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Not to mention Luke learned to use the Force pretty quickly in ANH...

He spent a few hours on a freighter with Old ben playing with a remote trainer and suddenly a short time later he's using it to bullseye that thermal exhaust port.

It's not like we haven't seen the Force "choose" someone and give them extra ability in a short span before.

Like many aspects of TFA, I think the question of Rey's force ability is something that's still pending. We don't know her lineage, and we don't know her full history. Future movies may fully validate what we've seen. And even if they don't, I consider it a relatively minor transgression that was deemed necessary to move the plot along in a movie that had a lot of ground to cover. It also helps that I thought she was a great character, so I'll give them some leeway.

There is something else that could be happening here. Luke could be creating an entirely new kind of Force user. Not a Jedi, and not a Sith. A Force user that isn't bound to an order, or a master at all. Someone that is free of all past "rules". No academy. No padawans.

Doesn't mean they're not a hero. Just means they're not a Jedi.

Like many aspects of TFA, I think the question of Rey's force ability is something that's still pending. We don't know her lineage, and we don't know her full history. Future movies may fully validate what we've seen. And even if they don't, I consider it a relatively minor transgression that was deemed necessary to move the plot along in a movie that had a lot of ground to cover. It also helps that I thought she was a great character, so I'll give them some leeway.

i'd be shocked if it was expanded on. to me it seems more like a move the plot along fast for any rare newcomer that doesn't know that force device.

would be nice to see it explained in a non cheesy way though.

Im telling you guys All that training just gets in the way !

Anakin started training late he was better than everyone else .
Luke started training waaaay late he brought about the end of the sith's hold on the galaxy
( by whining for his papa to save him but hey the force works in mysterious ways ! am I right ?)
Rey heard there was something called the FORCE !
BOOYAH ! Crushing enemy's before her
Conan style !

There is a saying I took from Pinocchio and twisted it for situations like this .

It goes.

I GOT NO BRAINS TO HOLD ME BACK !

Besides maybe the lightsaber did all the work ?!?
They keep adding to and changing how the force works .

Just pay the money , chew the popcorn , sit back, shut up and watch the flashy light's !!!!

Not to mention Luke learned to use the Force pretty quickly in ANH...

He spent a few hours on a freighter with Old ben playing with a remote trainer and suddenly a short time later he's using it to bullseye that thermal exhaust port.

It's not like we haven't seen the Force "choose" someone and give them extra ability in a short span before.

Yes, but he was Anakin, more Force power than anyone ever, Skywalker's son. I would guess that Luke and Leia have similarly high midichlorian counts. Nowhere near as high, but really high.

I agree that there's something up with Rey. We already know that the Force can create (or be compelled to create) a being with unusual Force abilities, so something similar might have happened with Rey. Maybe the Force itself creates a being with unusual Force ability to correct something like putting the Force into balance (which means lack of the Dark Side!!!).

If any of you have watched Legend of Korra, I liken Rey's abilities and the new movement of the Force to the Harmonic Convergence in LoK. Effectively a new age has been ushered in by a shift in the spirit world (or the Force in TFA's case) and abilities long unseen are presenting themselves. Add that on top of the fact that Rey has led a life unattached, fueled by pure hope and faith, and you have the makings of a very powerful force user.

There is something else that could be happening here. Luke could be creating an entirely new kind of Force user. Not a Jedi, and not a Sith. A Force user that isn't bound to an order, or a master at all. Someone that is free of all past "rules". No academy. No padawans.

Doesn't mean they're not a hero. Just means they're not a Jedi.

That's what I felt the last trailer was trying to say. That's how I interpreted it anyway.

i have a question but it may contain a spoiler... my friend is a big Facebook person, i am not. he told me tonight..

they made a new metaled vader helmet for ep8, and also made Vader's chest box with the switch anyone else hear this?

i have a question but it may contain a spoiler... my friend is a big Facebook person, i am not. he told me tonight..

they made a new metaled vader helmet for ep8, and also made Vader's chest box with the switch anyone else hear this?
I haven't seen this come up anywhere. If true, wonder if kylo is going to try to be like gramps?

They had Ezra, on Rebels, use a similar power and it said that is clearly Dark Side territory. Maybe if the person you're using influence on, knows it and allows it, that might be okay, but not when they don't know.

Which part of rebels did he do this? I'm having a hard time remembering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back