Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Thanks for the kind words guy's & sorry for the lack of updates, I'll have something soon :)

For the tubes on the sides of his head do a search for Tubano Hose. You'll need to work out the right size yourself though as I got it wrong... twice! :$

If like me you get a diameter that's a bit too small its no problem, just split the hose & open it up by filling it with something ( I used sections of plastic pipe). The important part is getting the right spacing for the ribs on the tube.

HTH :)

P.S. Bob should have a clear dome/cover over the top of his head. I've made a buck/mould for vac forming :)

For the tubes on the sides of his head do a search for Tubano Hose. You'll need to work out the right size yourself though as I got it wrong... twice! :$

THATS IT! now i get your concerns about the price :D however, it has to be. thank you so much man!

an inner diameter of 48 mm should be fine.

48mm might be too big! I ended up replacing my first set with a 30mm ID. I had to cut it length ways & increase its diameter but the spacing of the larger ribs or convolutions was just right. The larger diameters have a different spacing & that's why I replaced mine. I'm not 100% sure but I'm thinking you would be better with 36-38mm ID. The OD of mine ended up being approximately 58mm at its biggest rib.

HTH :)

EDIT: You only need to buy one length of tube at 1 meter long, its more than you'll need, you'll have an offcut ;)

Last edited:
OK, get ready for some serious eye rolling :$

Before completing the mould for the lips I thought it best to do any dental work first.

So I've re-worked the teeth. It needed doing :)

I've done away with the overbite, made the lower incisors longer, replaced & repositioned all the fangs & re-sculpted the gums a bit.

929 (2).JPG

928.JPG

927.JPG

:)

Last edited:
yeeees.... updates! :D I ve got a fever... and the only medicine is Bob the Alien :lol (originally cowbells but well...)

look better and better as always. By the way, have you seen the new cool props gigers alien head. pretty nice thing as it looks pretty close to the original giger one. but I ve got a feeling yours will be a little more movie accurate. I mean as close as you can get to the different heads used in it. cant wait to see the dome!

WOW! I started stalking this thread way back in 2011, somehow I have forgotten about your thread (busy with life, got married, have kid). The work you have done is amazing Leigh! Can't wait for more updates until this is completed. Wonderful!

Thanks for kind words :)

purgedsoul, Thanks & Congratulations :)

Though at this rate your kid will be at college by the time I've finished :$

Hello Leight,

I dont know if you already noticed, but photobucked changed their terms so if you want to repost pictures here or anywhere else, they want you to pay around 400 dollars for an upgrade. pretty stupid. seems that your photos still work here, but you may not try to link some new photos here. I did it yesterday and all my photos are gone from this site :angry. would be a shame if all your awesome progress would be lost here.

Thanks for the heads up :) I do have all my pics & more backed up on my pc & a flash drive so I can always upload them to therpf, It'll take a while though I expect :lol

Hi Guys,
I've been a fan of your work for years. Some time ago, I decided to build the alien. Because I currently had no project.
Hope this is OK. With the torso I am almost finished. Unfortunately, I can not see the images with Firefox. With Safari it is not synonymous ....

But OK
Have tried to orient me on your project.
Here are a few pictures which are a while back.
How did it get so smooth ?????????IMG_4679.JPGIMG_4680.JPGIMG_4180.JPGIMG_4181.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back