Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Indeed, that's what I meant by my "if you pick and chose things and sync them up of course they'll match" comment. Just an interesting little thing I saw.
Most people in the Facebook comments were thinking the TFA teaser was the original and believe me.. there were plenty of people correcting them. ;)

Oh, my bad. I missed that part. Don't take that as me being mad at you for being positive haha!

Wow... that is pretty lame imho. It SHOULD make him look awkward. It SHOULD stand out...

Changing a main characters aesthetics on a whim because you like it more... idk... seems weak to me.

Agreed. Rian's explanation is just ridiculous. How about switching Luke's mechanical hand any time you want. Hey while you are at it let's give Dr. Evazan an even more ginormous nose in Rogue one. Hey no one will remember the size of his nose or where the scar should be or which hand Luke's Dad cut off. So on and so forth. That's disrespect to all who really love and enjoy these movies. *Insert Han shoots first.
Weak sums it up.

.....and yes it does matter to those who care. Make sure you know what story you are trying to tell us before you put it out there. Changing words is one thing. Changing what you already showed us is another.

Last edited:
Agreed. Rian's explanation is just ridiculous. How about switching Luke's mechanical hand any time you want. Hey while you are at it let's give Dr. Evazan an even more ginormous nose in Rogue one. Hey no one will remember the size of his nose or where the scar should be or which hand Luke's Dad cut off. So on and so forth. That's disrespect to all who really love and enjoy these movies. *Insert Han shoots first.
Weak sums it up.

.....and yes it does matter to those who care. Make sure you know what story you are trying to tell us before you put it out there. Changing words is one thing. Changing what you already showed us is another.
You must HATE all the continuity changes in lighsaber props than. Must just ruin the Saga for you ;)

Seriously, the OT is just plain full of continuity errors. It's part of the charm!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I care less about the position and more about the fact that they felt they needed to make it a dainty barely noticable thing now. That was a BIG a** cut. It should be a gnarly scar. But no, we need to keep Kylo pretty.

or trying to make zefram cochran a woman just because you can, forgetting that he was a man in TOS :)

but, to most people, that would be ok so long as the story was good, these days :).

I don't have a problem with changing the scar simply because I couldn't have told you what the scar looked like in E7. As they said, it was on screen maybe 3 seconds. Toss in the medical technology of the universe and he doesn't even need to still have teh scar. I mean, seriously, in ESB they had a 100% dead on hand on Luke as soon as he got to a medical frigate.. I suppose i suck as a die-hard fan if I don't know the exact length, width, and location of everyone's scars....

Now, changing people's sex's when the vast majority of everyone is aware of it is dumb. This? not so much.

It will all make sense about the scar if any of the rumors turn about to be true, that this is Ben Solo's story of redemption. Gotta keep him looking like a sweet/conflicted emo.

Here is an article that I liked that is the opposite of what Hamill thinks is best. I totally understand why he would have his opinion initially and I love the guy but I think he was/is wrong about how important Luke should be in the new trilogy.

The Force Awakens was not a "missed opportunity"

I think the problem with this is the same one the old EU had. There would be galactic scale problems that you would need Luke to come out and confront, but instead they would have another person do it. It would be like if Yoda just sat out the Clone Wars. Well that last example didn't exactly turn out well... Anyway when you have something like that happen the audience will automatically go "Well why isn't Luke getting involved in this?" It doesn't make sense. The only way they could do that in TFA was if Luke was unreachable.

Modifying the concept of the Jedi is way too risky. disney doesn't want to deal with another midichlorians issue

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I don't think many people would have a problem with them modifying the Jedi Order, but not the Jedi themselves. There were a lot of problems in the old Order, at the end anyway, that Yoda even talks about in the movies. I could definitely see Luke saying he found some info on the early Jedi Order and that he thinks they should revert back to those teachings. I think the best examination of how the Jedi had failed was in the Republic Commando series (yes I know they aren't canon...). A lot of it is from the view of Mandalorians, but they set up exactly how they thought the Jedi were failing; using a slave army without question, judging people without judging themselves, thinking that they know what's best for the galaxy, etc. I could easily seeing Luke saying that's not what the Jedi should be and changing it.

However I don't want any of this gray stuff. Pablo said there are no gray Jedi so I doubt that theory is happening. It's like saying you can use evil powers or be evil if you're doing it for a good reason and don't feel any hate while you're doing it. It's still bad.

I could see the Jedi order ending but the Jedi themselves continuing on,be intresting if the two to do it are Rey AND Kylo and be even more interesting if they become a couple (one thing no one mentions...does the Skywalker line end here or does it go on?)

And yes Luke's words are a hint,that line after light,dark,balance no matter what uncle Lucas says you need both to get balance-maybe the jedi were becoming dark side and didn't know it......

I could see the Jedi order ending but the Jedi themselves continuing on,be intresting if the two to do it are Rey AND Kylo and be even more interesting if they become a couple (one thing no one mentions...does the Skywalker line end here or does it go on?)

And yes Luke's words are a hint,that line after light,dark,balance no matter what uncle Lucas says you need both to get balance-maybe the jedi were becoming dark side and didn't know it......

This is the main reason that I am not quick to dismiss the 4Chan rumors . It would be a HUGE shock to the fans to see Rey end up dying, Luke teetering on the edge of becoming dark and sacrificing himself ala, Ben Kenobi... and Kylo becoming Ben Solo again, thus cementing that the Skywalker line will continue. Either way, I'm in for the ride.

IMG_3277.JPG

I don't care about them moving the scar at all, however I think the scar design looked better in TFA. It was more hideous Frankenstein-y and unique, whereas now it looks more "designer scar", like if you placed a scar just to be cool, which obviously they did because it's a movie.
I'm not actually gonna care either way while watching the movie though. There are far bigger things to concern myself with, like story, and space battles, and puppets.

The scar thing is silly but it won't ruin any of the movie for me. When I first heard I was like "what" but now I'm over it. Don't care.

Ben

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back