Han Solo: (The Force Awakens ) Procedural Screen Accurate Cosplay

Wolverony

Hi Forum,

This is where I'll be posting the progress of my Star Wars Celebration 2017 cosplay-assembly, final detailing work and custom built items for my "old" Han Solo cosplay from Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens.

It will include every part and process, from Blaster to Boots, Jacket to Greeblies, and even my custom wig. Hope you guys and gals on the forum enjoy.

ENTRY #1: Fine-distressing and detailing begins of my otherwise perfect custom leather jacket from RPF member @dannylopuz.

The images below ( as well as any video that I might include) is of the pre-distressed Jacket. If anyone wants to read my original review, upon receiving this Jacket from Danny, it's currently in the original project runs area, under the Han Solo Leather Jacket run from him. And I'll be including a full jacket review with unboxing video here at a later date. Right now, let the distressing (which is incredibly subtle, but a lot of fine work to get right to match the screen-sheen a bit more to my taste) begin!

Here is how the jacket currently looks...

jacket 1.jpgjacket 2.jpgjacket 3.jpgjacket 4.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Admins- I think I may have put this in the wrong area? Advise please? Should this have been in the replica costumes area of the forum?

Last edited:
ENTRY #2- Screen Accurate distressing begins to remove the granular sheen of my Jacket from @dannylopuz otherwise impeccable Han solo Jacket from Episode VII: TFA.

1:30 minute video showing difference at this early stage.

left side.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ENTRY #3 - WIP Screen Accurate custom wig construction begins, testing here for color matching work on the HD synthetic fiber base, against my impeccable Han Solo Jacket from Episode VII: TFA by forum member @dannylopuz

The wig will take 2 more weeks to complete. You are not seeing anything final here. This is just a first color test teaser of the two items together, with a bit of a cooling flter thrown on for our Instagram page. The wig is currently laying on it's wig block. I'm holding the jacket up to the back, under the WIP nape section.

tease.jpg

More progress on my Han Solo TFA jacket from @dannylopuz.

Left (screen-left w/o pocket greebles) side front body panel distressing is now fully complete on my Han Solo Force Awakens Jacket.
Tomorrow begins the right side, collar and sleeves, then back and finally some precision oiling in a few spots to finish the job.

Full distressing video and pro pics coming to this thread soon.

TFA Jacket progress 2.jpg

TFA Jacket progress 2.jpg

ENTRY #5 - WIP Screen Accurate custom wig construction continues and my first camera test of the complete outfit.
#StarWarsCelebrationCountdown

Video coming soon which will include the full distressing tutorial of the jacket (sleeves, collar & my left shoulder are pre-distressed here-hard to see in the lighting from these screens-Only the front panels are completely distressed).

(WIP) Custom Wig by Hero Hair​: Cosplay Wigs for the serious Adventurer

Jacket- Replica Prop Forum (web) member @dannylopuz ( Distressing 35% complete)
Shirt (Pre-distressed), Pants, Pants-Belt & Boots by Indy Magnoli
Gun Belt/rig by- MP Filmcraft​
DL44 Blaster by Geekling Creations​
Gunbelt-Power Cells and CO2 cartridge by- Solo's Hold​
3Tv8A7r.jpg

8CC9kTu.jpg

Attachments

• 8CC9kTu.jpg
    8CC9kTu.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 525
Any chance you can post part 2 of the distressing video? Your jacket looks great and I'd like to try something similar.
The first video was quite the teaser. You showed what you did, but not how you did it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back