Definitive ANH Falcon Interior

Brand new to the RPF and this is the coolest thing I could possibly imagine. Makes me want to start building! The absolute first thing I want to do is re-pop some falcon corridor wall lights. In my opinion it's these with the white padding and perforated steel floors that scream Millenium Falcon. I'm relatively sure the sconce unit is the housing for an explosion proof light, but I can't find the right one anywhere, so I'm happy to model and 3D print and cast them, but I can't get the dimensions right. Ideas? Suggestions?
View attachment 616735

You can find the light housing at Coughtries...the Coughtrie SW pendant style lantern...

http://www.coughtrie.com/lighting-products/product-listing-a-z/sw-93/

...here are the measures from the PDF about it...

coughtrie_sw.jpg

...hope that helps.

Last edited:
Brand new to the RPF and this is the coolest thing I could possibly imagine. Makes me want to start building! The absolute first thing I want to do is re-pop some falcon corridor wall lights. In my opinion it's these with the white padding and perforated steel floors that scream Millenium Falcon. I'm relatively sure the sconce unit is the housing for an explosion proof light, but I can't find the right one anywhere, so I'm happy to model and 3D print and cast them, but I can't get the dimensions right. Ideas? Suggestions?
View attachment 616735

Hi L,

The light you're looking at is a Coughtrie light base - still readily available. We've already secured a few for of them for the full scale build. The older ones are tough to find but pop up on Ebay from time to time.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=147319&page=309&p=3962479&viewfull=1#post3962479

there was probably something else I was supposed to be doing... huh... oh well.

anywhere, here are renders of a project that I started in 2010. This is the cockpit of the Falcon from ANH, warts, misaligned panels, and all. Everything in here has been stared out for countless hours, reexamined, rebuilt, fretted over, deleted, lost in data errors, rebuilt, rebuilt again for good measure.

Finished it all one afternoon a few months ago, very suddenly. I wasn't even expecting it. I added a button, and looked around and kind of just went... oh... guess I... finished it. Then went and had a bit of a lie down.

now what? Finish the rest of the interior... uh, animate the blinky lights accurately? well, anyway, enjoy.

(big credit to J Maruska, who modeled the captain/copilot bucket seats that I used, and who's own excellent Falcon work can be found here!)

View attachment 655137

View attachment 655138

View attachment 655139

View attachment 655140

View attachment 655147

View attachment 655148

Love! One thing I've always wondered, and I think you might be able to answer better than others, is: shouldn't you be able to see the ship's mandible outside the windows in a lot of the over-shoulder shots from the many different films?

Love! One thing I've always wondered, and I think you might be able to answer better than others, is: shouldn't you be able to see the ship's mandible outside the windows in a lot of the over-shoulder shots from the many different films?
Yes!
And you should also see a length of the hull outside the ISD Bridge windows in some shots.

I think that was finally resolved in TFA...

R/ Robert

It was? I don't remember seeing the mandible outside the cockpit windows- need to recheck the film. What scene was it in?

No mandibles in any of the shots I see. Really, we shouldn't see them. The cockpit sits far enough out from the hull and the starboard mandible angles away from the cockpit. The only way you'd see it if you put your face right up against the glass.

No mandibles in any of the shots I see. Really, we shouldn't see them. The cockpit sits far enough out from the hull and the starboard mandible angles away from the cockpit. The only way you'd see it if you put your face right up against the glass.
Not so sure. I'll have to go back and watch again, but I recall angles where I'd think I should see other bits of the ship outside, but I don't. Thought Steve's computer model might put a better light on that. Maybe I'll try to grab some screen caps later.

Not so sure. I'll have to go back and watch again, but I recall angles where I'd think I should see other bits of the ship outside, but I don't. Thought Steve's computer model might put a better light on that. Maybe I'll try to grab some screen caps later.

I have the digital copy of TFA on my computer. I just scanned through the Falcon cockpit shots (I may have missed a few). There are a few shots looking inward toward Han as they are landing at Maz's planet, but the window appears high enough that we don't see anything. When they crash on Starkiller base, there are a few quick shots of Han where we should, likely, see the cockpit corridor tube exterior or some of the hull, but we don't. Sitting in Chewie's seat looking at Han, one would likely be able to see the radar dish (the original round one, for sure), but there don't seem to be any shots where this exists. The mandible is too low and angles away, so you'd have to sit high and close to the window to see it, I'd think.

Huh! I thought it was when Finn was looking over Rey's shoulder in the cockpit... or was I just dreaming that?
Too much stuff, stuffing up me brain, methinks - maybe, perhaps?

Regards, Robert

esb.jpgThis seems to be a pretty common angle, haven't run into one from the other side yet. I suppose there really haven't been any shots that would include the ship out the window.

Thanks man. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. I am sorry for the confusion guys, but I am not using this model in any way. I have tried contacting the OP to work with him, because I love his work, but I never heard back from him. Currently, I am working with 3d environment artist Matt Billeci and I am using his models both on the site and for production.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back