Game of Thrones

The hound is basically saying Death. Doesn't matter how you get to the end, Death will always be there waiting.

He could also mean Arya. The Hound now knows she is lethal and he knows the Mountain is on her list. But we need Clegane Bowl first. Maybe she will save the Hound and kill the Mountain.

He could also mean Arya. The Hound now knows she is lethal and he knows the Mountain is on her list. But we need Clegane Bowl first. Maybe she will save the Hound and kill the Mountain.

he said "what" not "who". Death is a what and who in a sense.

Plus the hound has no idea Arya is alive nor on her list. I could see her trying to attack and kill zombie boy. But seeing how strong and almost unhurtable. The hound will step in and save his little buddy from getting killed by the mountain.

Plus the hound has no idea Arya is alive nor on her list. I could see her trying to attack and kill zombie boy. But seeing how strong and almost unhurtable. The hound will step in and save his little buddy from getting killed by the mountain.

There was a scene with the Hound talking to Brienne while walking to the dragon pit and he finds out Arya is alive.

I agree that he just means death is coming.

The Hound and Brienne talked about Arya on the walk to the Dragon pit.

Plus they discussed both killing the Mountain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe. Who knows. Part of me thinks that Arya might be done with her list, though. It may not be quite as important given whats coming towards Winterfell. The only 2 people really left on her list are Cersei and The Mountain. Maybe Jaime will die while fighting against the Night King and his army, then she'll take his face in order to get close to them. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

cs5ShmH.jpg

So in the meeting in the Dragon Pit, did Cersei basically offer the North to Jon if he'd just stay in the north and not choose sides between the two queens?

Pretty much. (At least until Cersei and Dany finish their war.)

In his original outline for the series (back when it was going to be 3 books), GRRM had Jon and Arya ending up together. Think about that! (so gross)

Well she and Jon are now first cousins, so that'd be slightly less gross than the current situation.

Pretty much. (At least until Cersei and Dany finish their war.)

Well she and Jon are now first cousins, so that'd be slightly less gross than the current situation.

True, but they were raised as brother and sister, so to me,still gross. Also, in that letter to his publisher where he outlined the story, there is a large section thats blacked out. Makes me wonder what it says. Its probably just Jon's parentage, but you never know. He also had Tyrion betraying Jon in that letter. Hmmmm.

You guys are all way overthinking this. The Hound just meant that Ser Gregor knows that The Hound will eventually get his revenge for what his brother did to him. Thats all.

Meh not really. Didn't know the hound refers to himself as a what. Ether way it's death as always. I want the hound to do it. Been pulling for this since round 2. Gotta sell those pay per views, stadium tickets, get Vegas bets going. The hound just talking smack right now. Next time the mountain will blink some eyes in Morse code to rip on the hound. Relax and have some fun.

As far as the Littlefinger stuff, he confessed to Sansa about having Lysa kill Jon Arryn with poison and also she was there when he pushed Lysa out the moon door.

I think she was fully aware of what Little Finger was trying to do with her and Arya and probably spoke to Bran who also gave her the info about the dagger and his betrayal of Ned.

Speaking of betrayals, do you think Tyrion made some kind of deal with Cersei? He had that kind of ominous look on his face in the cutaway from Dany and Jon

Could he wind up being one of her prophesied betrayals?

...three treasons will you know ... once for blood and once for gold and once for love ...

The blood part definitely seems to have been the witch

The once for love bit or possibly even the once for blood could be Tyrion?

either the love part or the blood part could refer to him.

love as in love for his brother/family, or blood as in his blood relations

I doubt he would do it for Gold

After all, most people assume the blood part was the witch, but that happened before that prophecy at the house of undying.

The blood or love part could also refer to Jon in some way. While I do not see Jon betraying her, she could betray him, possibly for love?

The prophecy just says "three treasons will you know" It doesn't necessarily mean they will be done to her

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back