Nintendo switch

Gamestop shows like 5 or 6 games on their order page, of course i ordered things separately so now they're looking at all my orders except for the danged console itself. I'm glad everything is a preorder.

Ok, so the game RedOut is apparently what everyone is mistaking for a new F-Zero in the Nintendo upcoming games trailer. It's a port of a PC game that was created as a tribute to F-Zero. It's also apparently coming to PS4 and may even support VR, so that and the WipeOut Omega collection on the PS4 may bump off F-Zero from my wishlist. Launch titles aren't really appealing to me so by the time some games I want come out hopefully they will have some sales on it. Hori also has a Pro controller for it which is very appealing to me because I have large hands and those Joy Con controllers aren't doing much for me.

Gamestop shows like 5 or 6 games on their order page, of course i ordered things separately so now they're looking at all my orders except for the danged console itself. I'm glad everything is a preorder.
In the presentation video, and all the other videos I have seen, Zelda is the only confirmed launch title. Everything else says projected march 2017 etc. Either Nintendo is inept, because Zelda was supposed to be a Wii U title and they delayed it to the switch, or they really dont have any other options to release any games cause none are finished. Yeah there are a few, but from what I have seen, none of them are actually done except Zelda. Hell, Mario doesnt come out until December! Remember when you used to buy a nintendo and it came with a mario game! @Gimpdiggity dude have you seen the prices of the peripherals?! Its insane.Oh and are you guys excited for SKYRIM?! Man. Nintendo has their head too far up their ass.

I have absolutely no interest in this. Nintendo needs to stop with the gimmick console ideas and just license their games to other platforms.

Other platforms don't have the luxury of Bowser's superior parenting skills!

Last edited by a moderator:
damn. no idea mario doesn't come out till december.

What the hell is going on at nintendo? are they just not into it anymore, cause that is what it seems like

damn. no idea mario doesn't come out till december.

What the hell is going on at nintendo? are they just not into it anymore, cause that is what it seems like
I think satoro iwata was the main man behind stuff, I mean, his only failure was the Wii U, but he was at Nintendo for ages. I think when he died, whoever took the reins doesnt know what the hell is going on.

Last edited:
Ever since the people running it in the 90s died or retired it's being run as badly as an american game company, they don't have the passion the older employees did. Then again now it's all professional suits running the companies when it used to be engineers and people who loved making the stuff. I've never seen a game company have it's stock go down after announcing a new console but Nintendo managed it. They need to fire everyone running it now and let the game makers and engineers run the company.

Last edited:
I really miss Iwata, I was mainly watching Nintendo Direct because of him, I just loved his dedication and it usually transpired through his work....

Ever since the people running it in the 90s died or retired it's being run as badly as an american game company, they don't have the passion the older employees did. Then again now it's all professional suits running the companies when it used to be engineers and people who loved making the stuff. I've never seen a game company have it's stock go down after announcing a new console but Nintendo managed it. They need to fire everyone running it now and let the game makers and engineers run the company.

I agree with that. Reminds me how the current CEO of Konami admittedly does not play or enjoy video games. And people are surprised he's run Konami's gaming division straight into the ground. Nope he's a suit all about making money and pachinko is where the money is at. No passion for the industry whatsoever, just another by the numbers guy.

Honestly that describes most of the game companies worldwide now, all the people with passion either don't get promoted, start their own tiny studios, or retired. It's why kickstarter is getting so much backing when companies give us what we want.

just come home from work, a bunch of my friends preordered the switch.... I've been watching some trailers. i think im switching ​my mind about this console...

Dont do it man. Youre going to be out 300 bucks! At least wait until some games come out for it. Did you see the prices of the peripherals? Those prices are jarring, and right after christmas? Nobody is going to shell out that kind of money that quickly when the "launch title" is only Zelda. I mean of course unless you are hardcore Nintendo fan with money to burn. I think its shady that they delayed Zelda just to have one finished launch title for the Switch. Its supposed to be a damn Wii U game. :angry

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly that describes most of the game companies worldwide now, all the people with passion either don't get promoted, start their own tiny studios, or retired. It's why kickstarter is getting so much backing when companies give us what we want.
Blizzard is kind of still like that, with their upper management at least. But the Activision influence is starting to take hold. They arent developing any more games that dont involve some sort of microtransactions. Its a shame because I love Starcraft and Diablo. :cry

I was talking to a coworker today who had been pretty excited for the Switch. After seeing the information over the last few days, he said he's now quite a bit less excited. He said "I'm not paying $300 for a Zelda box that won't have any other games for months."

I told him I completely understood where he was coming from.

I was looking at the Zelda special edition and even for 99.99 it's not a good special edition as they go these days.

yeah, that's REALLY in excusable on nintendo's part.

the LEAST they can do is put their ENTIRE lineup on virtual console to sweeten the deal.

I haven't read a TON of stuff about it, but he said even the virtual console things seem wonky? He said something like they'd all be available, but not at all times? I was a bit confused about what he was saying.

He he also said that the online system at launch will be incomplete...like an alpha or a beta version of it.

If if that's the case, coupled with the lack of launch titles, it makes me wonder why the console is being released when it is? It certainly doesn't seem like it's ready for market yet.

***Edit***

Okay, I think this is what he was talking about with those Virtual Console games...

http://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/1/13/14266290/nintendo-switch-monthly-games-not-free

...the ones you get for free with whatever the paid service is are only free for that month, not free to download during that month then yours to keep.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back