2016 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED

I'm sending a ton of gratitude and thanks to my Secret Santa!

I received:

-Hardcover version of The Making of Star Wars by JW Rinzler
-The Twelfth Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver
-The Electronic Thumb Ring from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
-Some excellent vinyl stickers from SW and Doctor Who

I don't even know where to begin. I just love every bit of what I received and I can tell my Santa really put some thought into selecting my gifts. I'm a book collector and the Rinzler book has been on my list to get for a while now. I've also wanted one of the 12th Sonics since it came out, but I just haven't been able to splurge on one this year. I'm already planning out where to put the vinyl stickers and also already taken your advice and ran around the house waving the Sonic around. :)

The Hitchhiker's Guide Electronic Thumb is so, so awesome, especially since it's your own design. I had actually dug out the DVD and watched it a couple of times again recently and was wondering what was out there for props, so this was a double win!

I am so grateful for all of my gifts. Thank you so much to my Secret Santa and a big THANK YOU to Michael Bergeron for his work in putting this together for everyone once again. We're lucky to have you, mate.

Merry Christmas!

z8VNLRo.jpg

...I must say, this is the best and most meaningful gift I have received this year. Thanks Secret Santa!

I feel this way as well...

My wife and I spent WAAAAY too much money on anniversary gifts for each other back at the beginning of November, so we decided to just do stockings for each other for Christmas. This means that there weren't an awful lot of gifts for me to open, and I keep going back to how astounded I was when I opened my gift from my Santa here. It's by far the most thoughtful gift I got this year...and maybe in quite some time.

This is my first time doing Secret Santa here on RPF...mainly because I've been more of a lurker/occasional poster since I joined...but this will certainly not be the last time I get involved in it. I just hope that my recipient liked the gift I sent, because I had a lot of fun coming up with it and getting the things together.

Opened my gift this morning. I said I liked Star Wars and the more obscure the better (what I didn't say is that I also love horror and zombies), and Santa certainly delivered on that one. I received a Boba & Jango "Reservoir Dogs" style print and this guy:

ZKKWZAh.jpg

This is the first Black Series figure I own actually - I love that my Santa has put in thought and effort to customize a figure and create something themselves. Now I'm gonna have to finally get round to reading "Death Troopers" (which I've been meaning to do for years).

Thanks Santa. :):thumbsup

Ok I guess it's my turn now.

I'M DOING MY PART!

I opened my box to find this "Top Secret" Parcel inside
IMG_0880.JPG

DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE?

Low and behold I got BUGS!!! Well at least a part of one.
IMG_0879.JPG

The folks on this forum always amaze me with their creativity and generosity. Thank you Secret Santa. This is a perfect pointy object for my collection. Especially since I want to put together a MI Cosplay someday and now I can add Battle Damage.

As always I have my mother in my ear telling me to try on my christmas gifts so here you go.
IMG_0883.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0878.JPG
    IMG_0878.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 69
Just got this beautiful thing in the mail today ....

c421403e3b6c7b7516b79736acaad8ca.jpg
03788f45b2523f6e5d44a648f6b86761.jpg

It seems to be a cast of a Denix with a bunch of awesome greebles and a lower barrel from Jabbas Guard Blaster. SO SO COOL! I've been twirling it around my finger all day. This would totally be my characters Blaster if I were ever in Star Wars. Now to think of a cool Model Name for this. Maybe Dl-22? Thank you so much for making this awesome replica for me Secret Santa! It will sit next to my Roman's Graflex for years to come.

PS: If you molded and casted this yourself, I think I might need a partner for a new run I'm thinking of doing.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't have access to a computer to post up a picture of my SS gift, but finally got the time now!

My mystery parcel seems to have been sent remotely from my SS via someone in China (seeing as the adorable note which I need to translate...)

I got a series of pins from GoT. Been thinking of a cool way to display them and think I may get the map of Westeros printed on a canvas and put the pins from where the houses live.
SS gift.jpg

Finally opened mine! Amazing job to my secret santa! First thing I see in the top of my box is a letter addressed in the font of Harry Potters Hogwarts Acceptance letter but of course my name and address. I opened it and it was a 3 page note that I've been accepted to the school. VERY official! Even has the Hogwarts wax seal. Of couse I know I know I'm not really going but it felt cool because I wasn't expecting it so it felt a little real.
Below that letter was 5 text books!

-The Standard Book of Spells
-Magical Drafts and Potions
-A History of Magic
-Magical Theory
-Moste Potente Potions

They all appear to be fan made and very well done! Each packed with information. If these were made by my SS great job!

So without further ado.
7cc84e20c8283c741501049dbd1eb32a.jpg

02ce64a06209ec329977a2a14d65af12.jpg

Great Job SS! Cannot wait for next years! This was my first one and it was excellent!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Have now opened my secret santa present (although I think customs may have beaten me to it! - there's plastic missing to protect the wooden paddle :s ), not entirely sure what the wooden game is (am I too young? :p) and have not heard of that book before - but I am sure I will learn. Thank you secret santa.
IMG_2459.JPG

Been working these past two days so i have not had the time to post a picture of what i got for Christmas.
I got a Goonies Map, Resin Copperbone and Doubloon.
31848055186_f00a848b1e_c.jpg
20161226_113505

Also included was a letter wishing me merry christmas and the SS hopes that i did not have these items in my collections. I do happen to have these item in my collections already BUT they are made in really HEAVY metal, I'm really happy for the SS gifts because this means i finally can make a framed wall display with all these things. because these RESIN version almost don't weigh nothing.
Thanks Secret Santa :thumbsup :)

Been wanting to do a wall display with these things since 2012 (made a thread about it ;) )

Something like this :
goon001.jpg

and this one i found on the web
goonies_prop_display_by_ghostartist1-d3i1ocx.jpg

Thanks to my S.S. as well!!!

I recieved the Revell U-Wing kit as well as a Corvette Convertible model kit! Also included was a Christmas stocking stuffed full of Japanese candy! Love that stuff! Although the seaweed KitKats were, um....seaweed! They were still good.
Pics tonight.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back