Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

The Prop Den just uploaded a bunch of pictures onto their Facebook page and I noticed the V2 in this shot... what do you guys think the holes are? Are they where the cone knob and mystery chunk normally go? Why would they have been removed?

IMG_3897.JPG

Set screws to hold it together (& run wires, depending on which hole(s)) after it having been cut up and hollowed out to fit wires/motor.

The Prop Den just uploaded a bunch of pictures onto their Facebook page and I noticed the V2 in this shot... what do you guys think the holes are? Where the cone known and mystery chunk normally go? Why would they have been removed?

View attachment 706743

I believe that saber is actually the shared stunt/V3. No nipple on the emitter and the holes on the booster and pommel don't quite line up with the V2. However, to answer your question, those holes do correspond with the cone knob and mystery chunk on the V2. EDIT: the one home on the booster looks like a set screw. Man, I hate using a phone for internetting.

I believe that saber is actually the shared stunt/V3. No nipple on the emitter and the holes on the booster and pommel don't quite line up with the V2. However, to answer your question, those holes do correspond with the cone knob and mystery chunk on the V2. EDIT: the one home on the booster looks like a set screw. Man, I hate using a phone for internetting.

that's NOT the V2

V3 then? I stand corrected...

Hey guys, I'm almost complete with my model before it's blueprints are sent off to be machined. There are a couple of things I'm unsure of. I have the Clamp section at 51mm then theres a space (4mm) between the clamp and the black section (7mm) before going onto the grenade section.. I know that 4mm gap isn't on the v2. This is the only thing left than I'm stumped on as the rest of the hilt is the correct scale, Any thoughts? I'm thinking the 4mm is lost within the uneven spacing of the grenade section, but I could be wrong.

Thanks!..

Headon.pngSideprofile.png

The Prop Den just uploaded a bunch of pictures onto their Facebook page and I noticed the V2 in this shot... what do you guys think the holes are? Are they where the cone knob and mystery chunk normally go? Why would they have been removed?

View attachment 706743

when i was researching for my first v2 i noticed the saber changes through out the bridge scene. the imperial officer that hands vader the saber "he was armed only with this" hands him the V2
star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-9787.jpg

star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-9791.jpg

star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-9792.jpg

they walk down the bridge, luke pleads to vader, vader looks at the V2
star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-9893.jpg

V2 then changes in to the "Hero"
star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-9914.jpg

here is the behind the scenes of the hero saver vader is holding
DVStandIN.jpg

the picture you posted i believe is a different angle from this scene. i have seen other pictures with vader holding the V3 upside down shaking it at luke "he is your new master". that looks like its a different angle from this scene below. of course lukes shoulder is in the way...
star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-10023.jpg

then when they bring luke up to the shuttle the V2 is back in Vader's left hand
star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-10082.jpg

Last edited:
when i was researching for my first v2 i noticed the saber changes through out the bridge scene. the imperial officer that hands vader the saber "he was armed only with this" hands him the V2

they walk down the bridge, luke pleads to vader, vader looks at the V2

V2 then changes in to the "Hero"

the picture you posted i believe is a different angle from this scene. i have seen other pictures with vader holding the V3 upside down shaking it at luke "he is your new master". that looks like its a different angle from this scene below. of course lukes shoulder is in the way...

then when they bring luke up to the shuttle the V2 is back in Vader's left hand
I believe the hero is Lucas' first attempt at a kind of "Special Editions" move. It appears that he went back after the fact and inserted a 'clean' look on top of what had already been filmed. It's probably just whoever was nearby at the time hoping into a Vader suit and holding the new shiny for that shot.

Like all the other special editions add ins that came later: it seems to cause as many problems as it solves.

I believe the hero is Lucas' first attempt at a kind of "Special Editions" move. It appears that he went back after the fact and inserted a 'clean' look on top of what had already been filmed. It's probably just whoever was nearby at the time hoping into a Vader suit and holding the new shiny for that shot.

Like all the other special editions add ins that came later: it seems to cause as many problems as it solves.

Yeah, even as a young kid I always noticed that Luke's saber was different in that ONE shot verses the rest of the movie where the V2 is the Hero. To think, I used to prefer the Hero to the V2 and now I see the V2 as the Hero. The only saving grace for that scene is that the bright copper neck isn't seen that well in the closeup but it is still clearly a different saber. Honestly, I hope that the Hero prop made for TFA gets ditched in favor of something more like the V2 should Luke use his saber in TLJ.

Last edited:

There is actually a cool photo of the man in the suit without the mask holding it for the scene. Wish I had saved it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vader's chest box sits so low on that guy it's more like an ab box. Even in the closeup from the movie It looks way different than how it looks on Prowse.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back