Romans graflex group ideas

I agree with you guys but now I look at my Roman Graflex and don't want to drill in it because it is so nice and I kinda wanna make it into the ANH version even though the TFA saber is my favorite. (I don't own a real Graflex) So now I am considering a Graflex Shop or Graflex 2.0 to drill and use for a TFA saber and potentially add electronics to just because. Decisions decisions...

And what happened to this project? Who's ready to cut one of these baby's in half?!
IMG_9872.JPG

I agree with you guys but now I look at my Roman Graflex and don't want to drill in it because it is so nice and I kinda wanna make it into the ANH version even though the TFA saber is my favorite. (I don't own a real Graflex) So now I am considering a Graflex Shop or Graflex 2.0 to drill and use for a TFA saber and potentially add electronics to just because. Decisions decisions...

no need to drill into it if you dont want to. drill a hole in the grips, inset rivet, screw, thumbtack what ever is your choice of greeblie. turn grip over and sand/grind it so its flush with the inside of the track and attach to the graflex with glue/resin/2 way tape what ever is your choice! ;)

no need to drill into it if you dont want to. drill a hole in the grips, inset rivet, screw, thumbtack what ever is your choice of greeblie. turn grip over and sand/grind it so its flush with the inside of the track and attach to the graflex with glue/resin/2 way tape what ever is your choice! ;)

Has anyone not drilled the bottom? Will glue work to hold the d ring in place? I was thinking about shooting a rivet through the d ring holder, filing it down and using goop or E600 to hold it in place. Just not sure how strong it would be.

I got two of Roman's Graflex's. I had well over a year to think about what I wanted to do with them and I decided on an ANH and a TFA but I'm modifying the ANH slightly. I decided to put the TFA cover on the end and a cover on the clamp to make it seem more like an "in universe" transition to TFA. The other details are staying the same though I'm keeping it shiny and the bunny ears on the left side. I liked that the prop makers honored the ANH saber by keeping the fish eye (filed knurling or not) and that got me thinking about a cohesive look. It's funny but I always wanted the screen-accurate Graflex markings on official replicas and now I'm going in the other direction when I'm making my final Skywalker sabers for the collection with excellent Graflex reproductions. :cool

I think Don Bies may be responsible for more Graflex butchering than that tool on eBay that sandblasts vintages to hell and back! :)

Has anyone not drilled the bottom? Will glue work to hold the d ring in place? I was thinking about shooting a rivet through the d ring holder, filing it down and using goop or E600 to hold it in place. Just not sure how strong it would be.

thats my bad, i thought he was talking about the grips :facepalm

I built a saber from a graflite and super glued one of Roy's ESB clips to the bottom. This worked very well.
That said, it was metal to plastic as the graflite bottom is plastic where the Romaflex is metal. I suspect it would still work metal to metal.

thats my bad, i thought he was talking about the grips :facepalm
No, I believe you were correct on the grips. I have read and seen the grips done this way. Just curious about the bottom d ring. If I ever get a real graflex, I may give it a shot. A little JB weld should hold the rivet in place to the holder. I know from experience that E600 holds well and you can pry it off with a little force. Then clean the goo left behind. The white armor crew like to use E600 for this reason.

No, I believe you were correct on the grips. I have read and seen the grips done this way. Just curious about the bottom d ring. If I ever get a real graflex, I may give it a shot. A little JB weld should hold the rivet in place to the holder. I know from experience that E600 holds well and you can pry it off with a little force. Then clean the goo left behind. The white armor crew like to use E600 for this reason.

we R2 builders love E6000! ;)

An excellent combination. Perhaps if we get an interest thread together we can help make it a priority for sooner rather than later.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back