EveningArwen's Daughter Halloween Costume Contest Entry 2013

Eveningarwen

So I need to do this real quick for my daughter as she is not even 1 years old yet and is unable to type for herself. Well she could but it would look like mslerewohnnlsdf , v0trlrewm ........not much different from some typing and spelling nowadays I know but still difficult to read.

So her costume is going to be Claudia from Interview with a Vampire. I'm not really going screen accurate as much as the general feel of the character. And with us as Lestat and Louis it'll all make sense. So I'm going with the green theme for her outfit as that is more recognizable really and because she is to young to try and force a wig onto I have sewn pieces of curly hair into her bonnet. Here is the costume I'm loosely basing it on:

And Claudia in a bonnet:

My daughter with a partial done bonnet:

And with a mostly done bonnet:

I obviously still have to do her dress and some detail stuff but that in a nutshell is what it's going to be! Not super elaborate but I find a toothless Claudia pretty adorable personally lol.

I love it. I'm looking forward to seeing it totally finished, I'm quite fond of the Ann Rice vampire books.

Kinda off topic but I see you're in Long Beach and I don't know if you've seen my thread about this but if you're interested in making the drive up lemme know! We'd love to get some more RPF members here!

http://www.therpf.com/f68/socal-rpf-halloween-party-2013-a-197890/

- - - Updated - - -

Adorable!! And she looks very into it too. :D

She's getting pretty good about photos lol so Im hoping that she will be really into costumes and posing. :D

Here is her dress. It's not 100% but almost. Next I'll just have to get her some white tights and probably settle on little black mary janes for now. She's asleep at the moment so i couldn't try it on her but I can't wait to! It's so friggin' cute I can't handle it. Also this is my first time making baby clothes so that could be why I'm so in love with it.

So this isn't the best photo and her costume is still not done but we did a test run of our costumes last night at our Halloween party. Once all the details are ironed out I think these costumes are gonna be pretty sweet!

And here she is with Daddy:

Just a couple hours left @Eveningarwen!!!

I'm uploading photos now! Ugh, I got sick at the most inconvenient time lol!

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_4467_zpsb199e9de.jpg

Here's my daughters final pic

Attachments

• DSC_4467_zpsb199e9de.jpg
    DSC_4467_zpsb199e9de.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back