The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

It would appear that I literally have a museum piece as a part of by light saber to be...

View attachment 728097

View attachment 728101

View attachment 728104

How about that? Too bad bad all I have is the frag body and the vanes. I would love to catch up with the rest of it and reunite all the pieces once again.

The picture Chaim posted with this in the case was a private collection, not a museum. I bought it from David Mather in the U.K., when he sold off his entire collection. He obtained it from a British prop company while doing an inventory identification for them.

Ahhh, I was thinking that meant he had a small private museum or something that he had dispersed. That would have been cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

so it's same grenade than chaims picture, I was not sure, but quite certain.
Chris, if you have a loose brass part, replica or real, I would try to get one, to modify it, I sent you PM, maybe yesterday or so.

I discovered today the frag body is not steel, but grey or white font, easy to see how it crackles, I adjusted a romans hollow spacer on my grenade and as it was not matching there were some micro chipping on the material.

I have put a handheld xrf spectrometer on it. Not terribly precise, but it is almost certainly some form of steel. Which is to say, mostly iron with a few key trace elements...

It's carbone-iron alloy obtained by fusion but with higher carbon degree than steel, making it weak but also easier to melt, and also easier to break.
What is funny is the material is mainly used to be cast (japanese kettles, or sewer plates are made from this), but here it's fully machined.

Thanks to extensive research by parfaitelumiere and with the assistance of Romans Empire for the actual work ... I was able to acquire a vintage yet male converted into female Balance Pipe from Zombie Killer :

Schermafbeelding%202017-05-13%20om%2023.46.43_zpswhfvaosq.PNG

Schermafbeelding%202017-05-13%20om%2023.49.16_zpsisff51uy.PNG

Schermafbeelding%202017-05-13%20om%2023.45.12_zpslhrkbfke.PNG

Next up will be my designated vintage clamp + transistors ... and custom yet vintage connector part to mate the grenade with the emitter :)

To be continued . . .

Chaïm

Last edited:
Magnificent! That thing saw service in a real engine. How cool is that?

Thanks to extensive research by parfaitelumiere and with the assistance of Romans Empire for the actual work ... I was able to acquire a vintage yet male converted into female Balance Pipe from Zombie Killer :

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/...elding 2017-05-13 om 23.46.43_zpswhfvaosq.png

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/...elding 2017-05-13 om 23.49.16_zpsisff51uy.png

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/...elding 2017-05-13 om 23.45.12_zpslhrkbfke.png

Next up will be my designated vintage clamp + transistors ... and custom yet vintage connector part to mate the grenade with the emitter :)

To be continued . . .

Chaïm
im not all that clued up on the male / female emitter conversion or what the difference is in the part !!! I would love to know what the difference is in the parts and the process of the conversion is
could you post some details for us unknowing newbies ( please ) :confused

im not all that clued up on the male / female emitter conversion or what the difference is in the part !!! I would love to know what the difference is in the parts and the process of the conversion is
could you post some details for us unknowing newbies ( please ) :confused

There's an unconverted male BP for sale in the JY right now. Compare those pics with what the correct female BP looks like and I think you'll have a good idea.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back