Has this saber got 8 bubbles?

Is there a calculator that has 8 of the correct size bubbles? I'm not aware of one, the ones that I've seen that have more than 7 the bubbles are smaller and have more than 8.

Yea, so far there isn't one. Also there is no evidence of the "Kurtz" saber existing on set, and the applied details don't match up with production work. I appreciate different viewpoints but that's an odd call without a clear rectangular box down there.

The only calculator with 9 bubbles is the Exactra 21 : http://www.datamath.org/BASIC/Exactra/JPEG_Exactra21.htm#display which are indeed smaller in size . . . it's possible one bubble was cut of like with Vader's 6 digit bubblestrip . . . and when the bubblestrip is not properly attached, it's just all to easy to fall out the G R A F L E X clamp and with Luke's lever sitting where it does ... there may not be enough force on the clamp teeth to hold the bubblestrip ... thus during production one could have fallen out inside the Millenium Falcon set with all it's nooks and crannies and greeblies that it got lost during action ... hence it could have easily been replaced with an Exactra 21 bubblestrip cut short.

Now all this is just mere speculation on my part because I truly belief that lightening on shiny props on set can play tricks on our perception of what we see in pictures. I've said it before, as did OB1, . . . . our eyes can be deceiving us when we try to deduce 'facts' from pictures alone, especially when shot from 6 feet away and being that small as the activation bubblestrip :)

Chaïm

Last edited:
There are plenty of calculators with 9 bubbles. Just look on e-bay for led calculator and you'll find that almost every one there has 9 bubbles. They were way more common than the 7 bubble lenses

I think he might've meant to say 8, not 9. Because yeah, there's a million 9 bubble displays out there.

The point isn't 8 or 9 bubbles, the point is the size of those bubble would be noticeably smaller, and to my eyes they are not in the pic. I have both an Exactra 21 and a 20 and have compared them. If there was another source for the correct size bubbles (regardless of how many) people making Vader sabers would be snatching them all up and the price on them would be high. But there is no known source for the correct size bubbles other than the Exactra 19, 20 and the TI2000 that I'm aware of, and they only have 7 bubbles each. I'm just trying to point out that we don't know where they could have gotten a bubble strip with 8 of the correct sized bubble to begin with. I think halliwax has it right in his pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
il_340x270.718275379_mppp.jpg

I meant the only other TI Exactra ... because Texas Instruments is the only calculatorbrand to look for the correct 7 bubblestrip ... and it's quite possible the propmakers had purchased an Exactra 21 by mistake. Still I highly doubt that we see 8 accurately sized bubbles in that picture in post #1.

Chaïm

I think he might've meant to say 8, not 9. Because yeah, there's a million 9 bubble displays out there.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back