Lightsaber Calculator Bubbles NEW DISCOVERY!!!

SethS ... I see you have no remorse in destroying those nice and probably still working calculators when it comes to getting your hands on lightsaber greeblies ... I wish I had your courage and convidence with my Exactra's 19/20 :wacko

Chaim

Last edited by a moderator:
@SethS ... I see you have no remorse in destroying those nice and probably still working calculators when it comes to getting your hands on lightsaber greeblies ... I wish I had your courage and convidence with my Exactra's 19/20 :wacko

Chaim

I can do the start for you. After the first damage i´m sure you can do the final work alone.

These guys are hardly collectors items. :) they were cheap and pretty ubiquitous. The exactras... Are they are better or are they just worth a lot cause of the bubbles for sabers?

I did get that Elka though and found myself unable to destroy it because it is more of a collector's item with an amazing design...

Last edited:
@SethS ... I see you have no remorse in destroying those nice and probably still working calculators when it comes to getting your hands on lightsaber greeblies ... I wish I had your courage and convidence with my Exactra's 19/20 :wacko

Chaim

I finally cut into my Exactra's just last night! What helped me do it was I tested them all, and I took the bubbles out of the two that didn't work so well.

If you can go drill holes in a Graflex, I think butchering a mass-produced plastic calculator falls much lower on the list. :)

That said, I always cringe a little when I see somebody butcher a Graflex for a Vader ROTJ saber!

If you can go drill holes in a Graflex, I think butchering a mass-produced plastic calculator falls much lower on the list. :)

That said, I always cringe a little when I see somebody butcher a Graflex for a Vader ROTJ saber!

Agreed on both counts. Unless you've got a Graflex that's too banged up to use for a Skywalker saber. Then I'd say you might as well part it out for the clamp, red button, and Vader ROTJ

Great find Chaim!! You made me curious so I had to crack open my Exactra 20 to look at it and it appears that I have round bubbles on the light green circuit board. I was hoping to use the circuit board for backing my ESB Vader saber but it appears to the wrong kind.

Has there been a correlation between the circuit board color and the flat or round edges?

I'd thought I share some images of my Exactra 20, 21 and 22. I have no idea why my images keep getting flipped upside down, when I view them in their own tab they are correct, but upside-down when I post them here.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The exactras to my knowledge are cool, but hardly exceptional. In fact the ones that are used for the sabers are the cheaper version that can't display as many digits (seven vs. nine). Of course, I have a working one that I refuse to chop up because I think it's fun to use :)

These guys are hardly collectors items. :) they were cheap and pretty ubiquitous. The exactras... Are they are better or are they just worth a lot cause of the bubbles for sabers?

I did get that Elka though and found myself unable to destroy it because it is more of a collector's item with an amazing design...

Really? Then let me help you. :angel

IMG_20150803_180157_zps9ilrmwgc.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed on both counts. Unless you've got a Graflex that's too banged up to use for a Skywalker saber. Then I'd say you might as well part it out for the clamp, red button, and Vader ROTJ

It really doesn´t hurt when you already have the Skywalker Graflexes. :$

Great find Chaim!! You made me curious so I had to crack open my Exactra 20 to look at it and it appears that I have round bubbles on the light green circuit board. I was hoping to use the circuit board for backing my ESB Vader saber but it appears to the wrong kind.

Has there been a correlation between the circuit board color and the flat or round edges?

Are you certain your Exactra 20 has round bubbles? Remove that black tape properly ... It should have flattened edges :wacko ... and once you remove the tape you can see what the circuitboard is underneath too :)

Chaim

No, they all have identical bubble strips actually. All flat sides.

Hm ... weird ... that's quite an anomaly :wacko ... a darker glass cover used to be a tell for all round bubbles ... apparently not so ... or perhaps a calculator from a later run when only flat edges bubbles were still available :)

Chaim

Hm ... weird ... that's quite an anomaly :wacko ... a darker glass cover used to be a tell for all round bubbles ... apparently not so ... or perhaps a calculator from a later run when only flat edges bubbles were still available :)

Chaim

The other thing that's different about that one is it says "TI-20" on the back instead of "EX-20". (Both my 19's say "EX-19" on the back.) Perhaps a difference in the country or date of manufacture?

Are you certain your Exactra 20 has round bubbles? Remove that black tape properly ... It should have flattened edges :wacko ... and once you remove the tape you can see what the circuitboard is underneath too :)

Chaim

Just pulled the tape off and took a couple closer photos of just the Exactra 20.

Edit: Mine says EX-20 on the back.

IMG_3112.JPG

IMG_3113.JPG

Last edited:
All this calculator talk had me curious. Unfortunately mine were all at the bottom of my project box and I had to move all this other crap out of the way. Looks like the pcbs are all slightly different on all of mine. Different colors and different bubble shapes, with the dark blue being the perfectly round. Also the darker display screens.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    951.9 KB · Views: 246
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    987.4 KB · Views: 304

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back