Finding that "textured Mylar"

I just sent Roy enough to stock his shop for awhile. Once it gets to him, I'm sure he'll be your man.

Yes, thanks to Seth, I'll have the rextured mylar in my shop soon. But because of a business trip it'll take a couple of weeks. Shop (and order processing) stays open in the meantime!

Mine came in today, I'll give you a piece. PM me your address.

Hi guys! What an awesome find! However the website is not letting me order because I'm in Puerto Rico (which is nonsense. I never have any problems ordering). I was hoping if any of you that are getting the tape would be willing to sell me enough for one saber. Shoot me a PM if you can help me on this one.

Thanks in advance!

I agree, I took some pics of the stuff I had purchased somewhere (Blastech) and this is almost an exact match! The size/shape of the textured squares are dead one, this tape is about 7/1000th's thicker. (could be different backing paper). This is the best tape I have purchased, from at least 3 different sources. I have a feeling this was made by the same manufacturer that made it for Blastech.

Seth, you are awesome!

Whoever owns that site is probably super confused as to why his lure tape just sold out within a matter of days! He's probably making more money off of it right now than the higher priced gear on the site!

Also there was a nice handwritten note in mine since it appears they messed up my address, sent it there, got it sent back and then forwarded to me. It said happy fishing... I just thought it was hilarious since I live in the middle of the Mojave Desert!

Haha! That's awesome!

Happy end to the story for all.

My only complaint is that I wish the backing material had a company or logo on it so we could actually track the stuff to the source. I've checked other tackle and bait shops online and real and haven't seen it elsewhere. Once we kill their stock it could become rare again.

I always scrounge around on ebay looking at old camera gear and saw this. See anything familiar looking? The part is some kind of shoe adapter, and it's entirely possible the tape was added more recently, but I just found it interesting. Might be nothing but it doesn't hurt to post it.

ESB tape.JPG

It's a flash reflector of sorts-- I have one somewhere I think. It certainly looks cool, but I suspect its hard plastic and clear once you get it out of there. Cool pattern though for sure.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back