Heiland Flashgun : What to do?

patrickivan

Sr Member
Hi- I literally just got this today. I'm very excited. It's a Heiland flashgun and a neat little extension handle that has a tripod inside of it.

Okay, so I've seen lots of ideas on here for a long time. Not much of a poster, but my excitement has the best of me.

I'm hoping for a little input. Some ideas on how to turn this into a cool lightsaber. I MAY take the guts from an old lightsaber toy and use that for sounds, but I don't know yet.

I don't want to make a replica of an existing one. I think that'll be too much. Besides, I already have an awesome replica of Luke's.

So. Any advice, tips, or ideas? All is welcome, and I REALLY love pictures!

I'm stupid excited about this...

CRdIfhTWUAA4c0j.jpg

CRdHpQgW0AEluAd.jpg

Ivan

Not a lot of input, but 1 like... So good enough for me.

Here's a little update. Got the guts out of the toy saber, Now retrofitting the flash gun. I want to make the blade removable for displaying the hilt.

The rubber handle rings are made from screen door spline. There will be about 12-14.

The blade is short- because it's from the toy... But maybe it can be a short saber used in a two handed style with a longer saber. Or on it's own as a close quarters weapon. Maybe a guard...

CTKGrlBU8AEMq_G.jpg:large

You could turn that into a Vader saber pretty easily, you just need some parts and you can order them from a couple places.

The clamp you can get from the custom saber shop.

Everything else you can get from wannawanga.

Oh gee- things move fast on THERPF! I didn't even know I had replies here.

Looks like you're off to a good start.

Thanks. It's tough. So many possibilities.

You could turn that into a Vader saber pretty easily, you just need some parts and you can order them from a couple places.

The clamp you can get from the custom saber shop.

Everything else you can get from wannawanga.

That clamp is something I REALLY want and need for it.

You can vary with Roy's T-track or make your own custom grips ... some have used a black garden rake if you'd like the T-shape or you could create your own with leather or plastic or even metal as Scott D did here : http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=232669&page=16 see post # 384 :)

Chaim

The grip is the hardest decision I have to make.

I wrapped my 2 cell with steel cable.

The steel cable is interesting. Like some real swords... Something to consider for sure.

Here's a very small update with a grip idea I'm scrapping. I thought I'd like it, but don't. I'm sure I want to do something vertical though. This pic doesn't have the emitter sticking up (above photo), and I really intend to keep that idea. I just really like it.

CZLLa0SWIAA89n2.jpg

And I'll post another pic shortly, but I'm toying with extending the overall hilt length a bit. But that changes my whole look idea. One thing is certain, the blade will be removable. The whole guts will slide out with it. But that's the nature of the type of toy I'm using for the blade.

You know, in thumbnail form it looked really cool, but zoomed in I see why you are scrapping it. O-rings just always feel too Hardware store for me.

When in was small I thought they were metal rings, which would look more uniform and not cheap-y.

Last edited:
You know, in thumbnail form it looked really cool, but zoomed in I see why you are scrapping it. O-rings just always feel too Hardware store for me.

When in was small I thought they were metal rings, which would more uniform and not cheap-y.

Agreed 100% with the cheap feel and look. That's why I'm getting rid of it. I think that if I made a metal rail and a rubber ring (each one), that would look better. And closer together.

These rings are actually made from screen door spline, fused together and trimmed. Feels and looks off, but I tried...

But now that you mention metal rings... hmmmm....

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back