Recaster Alert: Furry Props on etsy selling recasts of my TFA armor

jimmiroquai

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all. FYI. Furry Props on etsy has sold and is still selling recasts of my 1st gen TFA stormtrooper armor on etsy. I've messaged them and they admitted it was recast. Screen caps below. They still have not removed the ad and i've logged a report with etsy.

And the clincher:

My original build can be found here for reference:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=239344&highlight=jimmiroquai

I just want to say that a lot of time and work went into making this. You guys have to know that while it's mainly my pride that's hurt with this, there are other people who's livelihood is affected by this blatant stealing. I originally set out to make this armor mainly for myself and a few for my 501st garrison so that we could have a few TFA troopers in time for the premier of Episode 7. I never intended to get thrust into overseeing a small business all of a sudden. In fact, this cuts into a significant chunk of my real job (I'm an Ophthalmologist) and is an additional source of stress. But you see, my fiberglass guys needed the work badly. They are not well off and while all this is just a hobby for us, my guys make a living out of this. They buy food, pay their kid's tuition with what they get with each suit i help them sell. Every recast suit Furry Props sells takes away much needed income from my fiberglass guys. Funny, i knew this would happen sooner or later, that's why i sculpted tells and signatures into my stuff, but i didn't expect the first recasters to come from the UK.

Anyway, just a heads up. Thanks to everyone for the support.

Jim

Sucks to hear man, I assume they originally bought the kit from you off of the forums. Do you know what their user name was/is?

Well if they are a member here should they be banned? I know the rpf members do not apreciate recasters at all. I have to ask what is the stance on recasting for personal use? Not selling but making casts of parts for your own building of props if those peices were made by other members?

What's your legal position? Obviously, these guys suck and making money of your hard work is a total dick move.

Can you go after them legally/ Or are Stormtroopers a Lucasfilm copyright and therefor you can't do anything? I know a couple IP lawyers if you need a hook up.

What's your legal position? Obviously, these guys suck and making money of your hard work is a total dick move.

Can you go after them legally/ Or are Stormtroopers a Lucasfilm copyright and therefor you can't do anything? I know a couple IP lawyers if you need a hook up.

Selling unlicensed replicas is illegal and is therefore not protected. This is part of what makes it such a contentious issue.

I wonder how much of this is just off of the free paper props forum...

il_570xN.889894592_lqg6.jpg

Their Audrey 2 looks familiar too...

Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 10.52.52 PM.png

Edit: Here's the Audrey II thread with the same exact picture.... http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=215420&highlight=Audrey

Last edited:
I would certainly go through your sales records and try to pinpoint who may have done it. If it's a member here, call them out and they'll be blacklisted.

ugh.....yeah, that seller is using my pic to sell their product......not sure if they recasted my little shop piece or not....will have to contact Etsy and get this sorted out.....hate lazy thieves...

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! There shop has been taken down!But bad news! Upon further research, Unfortunately all those people who brought products from that shop never received their items and were all scammed! Shame there are low life out there like that! So they just took pictures form off here to scam other people!

One of the reasons I will only buy from genuine folks off these forums. I also prefer to pay extra to keep talented people in business, so not interested in saving money on auction sites for this very reason.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back