EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

I have to think the scrutiny for costumes and helmets is much higher than for display pieces. There is lots of potential for lawsuits regarding safety of products intended to be worn. This may also affect decisions made that hurt screen accuracy.

Not sure I agree. I believe the scrutiny for display pieces is higher - they're meant to be viewed/studied.

How many people troop in a costume with an SL or TM Vader lid? I'm not even sure I'd troop/costume with an EFX Legend.

Now a Darth Ugly or a EFX PCR, sure. They're accurate enough, less expensive, and easily replaceable.

This kind of delay from a guy working out of his garage would be unprofessional. From a licensed company...? Inexcusable.

So, here's a question for you, if it is so inexcusable. Why are people coming down on EFX for this, and the TIE, when Anovos has taken payments on literally over two dozen items, at least? They have shipped TWO ITEMS out of that list. Hell, even the fabric stuff was announced years ago and not word one. EFX has released many items and had issue with two. As far as track records go, EFX is doing much better than Anovos.

Yet not one person would complain. It makes ZERO sense.

So, here's a question for you, if it is so inexcusable. Why are people coming down on EFX for this, and the TIE, when Anovos has taken payments on literally over two dozen items, at least? They have shipped TWO ITEMS out of that list. Hell, even the fabric stuff was announced years ago and not word one. EFX has released many items and had issue with two. As far as track records go, EFX is doing much better than Anovos.

Yet not one person would complain. It makes ZERO sense.

Oh people are complaining about Anovos, just not as loud on the RPF as it is elsewhere. You'll find a hard line of resentment on the 501st sites. The key difference between EFX and Anovos is that Anovos has a functioning website and a better form of customer service, to include actually telling you about delays VS going completely dark.

Either way, both companies have to take responsibility, it's just that, as it stands, Anovos isn't explicitly ignoring their buyers. And to be fair, if I wanted to, I could at least cancel my pre-order and get a refund if I so choose to.

Äh, no.

Some people complained - but only those that never read or understood. All others knew when to expect their armor - and they delivered within the timeframe they had given at the beginning.

Ah, yes.
Anovos was fielding a great number of complaints around November/December regarding missing the original (November, then December, and no amount of "What 'winter 2015' really means is some time before officially spring of 2016!" nonsense is going to change that), then revised ship dates. All you have to do is check out their FB page from around then - there were a lot of frustration, not because it took longer than expected, which people will accept, but because they had listed several dates, missed them all, and not updated anyone. They responded, absolutely to their credit, by putting out a significant PR blast saying that because of the confusion and frustration over the TK kit, going forward they would list everything as at LEAST one year lead time, and commit to more regular updates, being more clear about what was happening in the development process, and what changes were being made along the way. THAT'S when they made those announcements though, not before it had become enough of an issue to warrant a mass mailer about it. Again, absolutely to their credit that they recognized they had created an issue, and appear to, so far, have fixed it.

Last edited:
Just picked one up from BaitInc on ebay....they've sold quite a few. I'm looking forward to getting it and comparing it to my old DP CA. I think this lid looks fantastic considering it's injection molded and what they are selling it for. Remember it wasn't that long ago that we were salivating over painted CAs and warped 'glass castings!

Still no.

I ordered in the first tier - and already then it was clear stated that delivery will happen in winter - and i got it in the winter. They said they would TRY to deliver early winter, but they never promised that.

Then many new people stepped on the dancefloor, and everything went down. Next to noone was able to read the small written paras, it was noticeable that all they had in mind was "I paid, i want it now, why does it take so long, what a bad company". And the more of them surfaced the worser it was, one heard what another said, hearsay was more important than reading what was written on Anovos site.

And a company can´t say "you are *******", no matter how true it is - all they can try then is to please the crowd.

Should get my PCR in this week. That mother trucker will get the top shelf on the display cabinet, and will be enjoyed for some time, at least until Something Ludicrous replaces it. It'll still be a nice display, he'll maybe I even rework it into a troopable ESB version. Alter the widows peak, repaint the mask and dome, enlargement of the lower chin vent....would make a great ESB trooper lid with some elbow grease...

I received my PCR Standard edition this last Saturday. It took some doing, as EFX mailed it to an old address. I have not had a chance to open it up yet, but will in the next day or two... It is my first Vader and I am excited to see it along side my other lids.

The statements that Anovos has only delivered 2 products are inaccurate. They have delivered numerous non Star Wars products. Even for Star Wars they delivered the classic Stormtrooper, FO standard helmet, and 501st exclusive FO kits.

Since many of their previous products were mostly cloth, I thought they would have no trouble producing the cloth Star Wars items pretty quickly. Obviously that didn't happen. I was more concerned with them creating the helmets and armor.

Last edited:
Not sure I agree. I believe the scrutiny for display pieces is higher - they're meant to be viewed/studied.

How many people troop in a costume with an SL or TM Vader lid? I'm not even sure I'd troop/costume with an EFX Legend.

Now a Darth Ugly or a EFX PCR, sure. They're accurate enough, less expensive, and easily replaceable.

Anovos calls themselves a costume company. They don't strive for ultimate accuracy at the expense of wear ability. Their updates frequently mention safety testing.

I agree other companies have more scrutiny for accuracy. I'm referring to scrutiny from the lawyers making sure the wearable products are safe and the company won't get sued for selling an unsafe product.

Just wondering for all the people getting a free Darth Vader helmet from eFX if you ordered the scout off their web page how many of you have gotten it already or atleast a tracking number?

Efx is like any fanboy propmaker from the old days....remember TE. Efx just has a little more cash behind them and some shred of officialness.. Basicly they get access to stuff you never will...make a few personal items, and release watered down copies to pay for that access....Anyone see that hero TK suit..a true holy grail..think it will ever make production...NO....

ANOVOS, on the other hand, while being transparent about their "business model", is just a prop-making Ponzi Scheme.....if they didnt deliver those TKs they would have gone under. Why they didnt pull those shadow trooper suits AT THE SAME TIME is baffling.....

PCR VADER looks great , and inflation adjusted is roughly the retail price of a Don Post vader from 1977-78

The Anovos TK kit is a fantastic product, all in one box, and a perfect amalgamation of all prevoius fan kits....off white color like tm, sharp like danlaws, kink in tube, kinda, remainder of eye bump like ap.........no tear drop like te......and on.

Noobies. buy what you like, but do some research. others make scout helmets. many are better...to get those you have to go back to the "old " ways of PMs. and relationship building.....

have fun. it s a HOBBY. after all

Last edited:
For those that may not be following the eXF Scout Trooper thread, Gino has deleted all of his posts refuting eFX's loss of their SW license. I received my lid in the mail today and it is completely worth the $. I wouldn't wait for eFX to get their situation settled to get this. It may be a very limited run indeed and the deluxe version may not appear. To find the baitinc listing on fleabay search for:

2016 EFX Collectibles Star Wars Darth Vader ANH PCR Helmet ready to ship

...just sayin'

efx themselves didn't offer the Vader PCR as a preorder. I don't know if they can control if resellers offer presales.

If people are not comfortable with the info available on a preorder, don't order the item. The PCR line isn't a limited edition. There shouldn't be a problem getting one after they are released.

I would rather see some reviews before ordering one of them.
I just got an announcement that the pre orders are being shipped for the over seas customers

Now we can only hope EFX or another seller gets these helmets. I really want one and would like the EFX exclusive but the seller on Ebay is now gone at least for now I guess. I tried to order one and it did not go through. Bummer for me I guess.

Now we can only hope EFX or another seller gets these helmets. I really want one and would like the EFX exclusive but the seller on Ebay is now gone at least for now I guess. I tried to order one and it did not go through. Bummer for me I guess.

FYI. Baitinc relisted the item. Say they have 5. Not sure why they do it like that.

edit:

Uh, oh... they don't have "ready to ship" in the title any more. Hmm... Now the title reads:

EFX Collectibles Star Wars Darth Vader ANH PCR Helmet black

They also say: Special markdown will only last for 7 days, please take advantage while you can. Lol!

In the case of efx, would you rather they sell a product (the Vader PCR) so they can stay in business and possibly fill the scout trooper orders some day or have them just go out of business?

Oh, I absolutely believe replica companies should sell two "tiers" of products. One high end version for the discerning collector and another for the casual fan. I've been saying this as far back as the MR days. eFx came close with their PCR sabres, thought even those were a bit pricey due to a ill-considered manufacturing process. If Hasbro can put out functional Ultimate FX sabers for $40, there no reason you couldn't put out visually accurate STATIC prop replicas at the same price point. While it's been hit or miss, Rubie's has managed to put out the occasional nice item for around $15. If all it does is sit on the shelf and look like a lightsaber, most people would be perfectly happy to pay $50 for a plastic replica and let the hardcore collectors pay $500 plus for a uber accurate version out of premium materials. You could literally put a prop replica into the hands of every man, woman, and child that wants one.

If they simply keep the doors open with the consumer grade replicas they could take a more responsible approach to the high end lines (fewer delays, better communication, and maybe a functional website). That's all I'm sayin'...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back