Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I'd like to see more bony protrusions like on the comic book Doomsday, but, presuming he's made from a cloned/rebuilt/altered Zod, I like seeing some of Michael Shannon's features in Doomsday's design. As for the rest of it, I'll see the film, then judge it.

I'd like to see the Doomsday from Injustice Gods Among Us. Actually several of the characterizations from that game blow this movie out of the water. One more reason why DC should consider just doing an all CG movie. The alternate reality Wonder Woman from that game looks way better than the BvS one.

But since you mention the cloning... I wonder if the Superman in the teaser that pulls Bat's mask off is a clone that Lex or CADMUS made.

Who would Lex Luthor most likely be. Some snot nose whiney tech geek emo that got picked on in school and uses his mind and wealth as a way to get back at the world.

Nah... geek is the new jock today. It's ok to be a geek... since everyone owns an Xbox and a computer and other nerdy devices. Who doesn't like comic hero movies? I think people have embraced geekdom.
And if Lex's background is anything remotely like his comic self, I seriously doubt he went to any school where he would be picked on. His dad probably bought the school. And since Lex is supposed to be a high level genius, I can't imagine he wouldn't parlay that to run the school the same way he ends up aspiring to run the country and the world.
Eisenberg is not a "Lex for President" Luthor. How could anyone that is that annoying be president. He'd be better suited to sell Sham-Wows than run a corporation or a country.

I'll disagree.
The info/rumors we have about this Luthor is that this is Lex Luthor Jr.

Personally, I'd much rather see Lex portrayed as more of an evil Bill Gates or a Mark Cuban-type. A bit older, still very much a genius, very rich... someone who has made their mark and is established, someone that is more threatened of losing their well established legacy...

This. They should have just gotten Clancy Brown. His voice has been the perfect Lex in Justice league cartoons and he could pull off the look as well. Maybe they haven't revealed everything and Lex Sr. will be in this movie and Eisenberg is just to throw us off. I know... fat chance, but one can hope.

So perfect. You won the internet today!!!

Anyone figure out what these dumb looking wasp people are?

http://i.imgur.com/ciidmFi.jpg

When I first saw them I thought they were Geonosians from SW Episode II

View attachment 561921

It is interesting he says "We just have a bad history with freaks dressed as clowns." Obviously referring to the Joker we'd assume, but there is no way IMO it could be referring to Jared Leto's joker. He seems way too young to fit into this timeline of Bats being in retirement for some substantial time. Very curious how it will all play out, but this trailer just makes Suicide Squad's Joker and Harley stick out even more than they did previously...

Leto is the same age as Affleck though.

Lex talks like Pops from regular show, he takes me out of every trailer they put him in.

At this point they could digitally insert Jar Jar to play the part, and it wouldn't be as annoying.

Leto is the same age as Affleck though.

Totally irrelevant.

They're making Batman look in his 40s and the Joker look in his 20s. The movie timeline just doesn't seem to add up to me. I have been on the fence, but it seems more and more likely the Jason Todd theory could be more than a theory. At the very least, it gives me the impression Jared's joker is a second one.

I just can't picture Batfleck having Leto's Joker as this huge bad guy, to be honest....

You're right. If he's trying to be the most obnoxious, whiny d-bag character in any superhero movie EVER then he's definitely nailing the role. :lol

The big wigs at Marvel/Disney probably did a huge group high five last night after seeing this trailer and calculating how much more money Captain America: Civil War is going to make than Batman v Superman.

Yes, because people can only make once choice and only see once comic book movie per year. I'll probably see neither. CA doesn't look all that impressive either.. I think his movies are the weakest of the MCU and the only possible thing that would make me want to see is for Spider-man which I'll probably wait until it shows up on youtube since I'm not going to waste money for what will be likely a 10 sec at most cameo.

Yes, because people can only make once choice and only see once comic book movie per year. I'll probably see neither. CA doesn't look all that impressive either.. I think his movies are the weakest of the MCU and the only possible thing that would make me want to see is for Spider-man which I'll probably wait until it shows up on youtube since I'm not going to waste money for what will be likely a 10 sec at most cameo.

If you think CA: The Winter Soldier wasn't impressive I'm officially at a loss for words.

By the way, thanks for giving me your schedule for what movies you'll be seeing next year....I was dying to hear your itinerary. :rolleyes

As I said elsewhere if you've been watch The Flash TV show DC has kinda popped a can of worms open with time travel,earth two,and those fifty two dimensional portals;The way I see it they can do whatever now and if it bombs? write it off as one of those other dimensions/alternate earths.

So I have to wonder if Suicide Squad is going to be in the same place (literally) as BVS,now the upcoming WW,Aqua Man I'm sure are as they tie in to JL.

So we'll see.

As I said elsewhere if you've been watch The Flash TV show DC has kinda popped a can of worms open with time travel,earth two,and those fifty two dimensional portals;The way I see it they can do whatever now and if it bombs? write it off as one of those other dimensions/alternate earths.

So I have to wonder if Suicide Squad is going to be in the same place (literally) as BVS,now the upcoming WW,Aqua Man I'm sure are as they tie in to JL.

Aren't they considering their tv world separate from their film world? With the flash movie being developed with a different actor.

Too early to predict which film will make more money but both BvS and CW are gonna make a ton of money, let's just put this one to rest. The genre as a whole wins when both these films come out next year; rising tide lifts all ships sorta thing. Much like the lofty expectations placed on AoU, I don't think WB is gonna high-five themselves unless BvS makes over $1B; chalk that one up to (groundless) Wall Street expectations. But anyone who thinks BvS will be a failure at $800M or $900M WWBO needs their head whacked with a Business for Dummies book. If it makes less than $800M, I think WB/DC does have cause for concern, but regardless they seem committed to the DCEU for at least the next several films. Even Marvel's in the same boat - Cap CW is not a guaranteed billion dollar performer even with RDJ in the mix. The title still says Captain America instead of Avengers and the action sequences don't appear to be the over-the-top budget-breakers that international territories eat up.

If I had to place my bets though, right now I'd put my money on CW being the top earner. Better release date, Marvel's a proven global brand, RDJ, and I'm wildly guessing it'll have better reviews (just looking at materials released thus far). But I don't expect it to be the winner by a wide margin.

Sooo… I've only seen the teaser and this trailer. And I agree with most of you here, I won't be repeating what has been stated here. A quick rundown of my personal impression.

Pros:
- Ben as Bats, seems he read all there's to know about Bats

- Gal's Wondie entrance, doesn't says much, but so far on the superificial level well done

Cons:
- Jesse as Lex Jr.: Major ass suuuuuck donkey balls. The moment, when he entered introducing Bruce to Clark, it was like a soufflee rising and then poooof! collapsing on itself, I can't describe it better. It was especially apparent, when he tried to be funny with Clark's vice grip. I JUST DIDN'T LIKED IT O N E B I T!!!

- Doomsday: aside from the visual aspect, which everyone complains and makes fun about… (and rightfully justified) come on, is this the best you've got to offer, huh? I'd have seen Darkseid, who kicks everyone's asses and taking names, without revealing him (black background with read flaming eyes - you'd have to guess, who that is). Again see the soufflee reference.

- Amy Adams: nope… still not seeing Lois Lane…

Did I already mentioned Lex Luthor Jr.?

Also not much interest in watching a mishandled bootstrap…

I am so annoyed by Lex Jr. I would gladly pay $18 just to see Ben Affleck beating the crap out of Jesse Eisenberg for two hours straight. No costumes. No story. Just Ben punching Jesse repeatedly in the face.

I'd pay double that amount....no wait, triple. :thumbsup

Really not excited about this Lex Luthor.

Also...hated the gravelly Bat-voice the last time. hate it this time.

Agree that the doomsday...about as intimidating as Bays ninja Turtles.

Otherwise...it actually looks like it could be a decent movie. I could easily overlook the issues already mentioned.

But one thing that may still be tough for me to get past: Superman was always my favorite as a kid, and in this incarnation, his stand alone movie was awful (personal opinion. maybe you liked it. Thats cool. I'm just saying that I didn't). I didn't even finish it. I got bored watching it. For me...that fact is insane. Got bored watching a Superman movie. Those words shouldn't even go together.

Makes it really tough to get behind a continuation of it. Especially since I don't find Gravel-bat as interesting as everyone else seems to.

What makes it even worse is that all the stuff they took from Superman under the guise of "No one wants a goody hero like that" is actually present in Captain America, which for me, has been one of the strongest Marvel heroes. Again, personal opinion only. Seen a few here who don't much care for CA...this is just from my view...I like his current movie incarnation.

end result: same place I was months ago: I wont be there opening weekend. If people I trust rave about it, I'll go week 2. If it's getting mediocre to crap reviews...I have no problem passing on it.

Though as has been said here already: it will make money. It could be 2 hours of Affleck farting into an empty beer can and it would still be a record opening weekend. It's like Star Wars. The hype alone is more than enough to put some butts in seats for at least the first week. Maybe even second and third as well.

If I had to place my bets though, right now I'd put my money on CW being the top earner. Better release date, Marvel's a proven global brand, RDJ, and I'm wildly guessing it'll have better reviews (just looking at materials released thus far). But I don't expect it to be the winner by a wide margin.

Im optimistic for both movies and honestly cant wait. After the last BvS trailer i liked alot of stuff that ive seen and some stuff well that could have been better (majority of it being the lex scenes). Will have to see the actual movie and wont be watching any future footage coming out for this. Star wars still has soo many surprises and questions that it doesnt only excite me but makes me curious. While both CW and BvS already revealed quite a bit which is a shame ofc.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back