ANOVOS just canceled my order!

Hey all...new member. Was looking for a place to vent a little bit about Anovos...hope I'm in the right place, and that you don't mind-admitting to not having read all the comments...perhaps some of you can relate...or pretend to listen:). I've ordered several helmets from Anovos...some I'm still waiting for from over a year ago. They recently sent out the SW:R1 Tank Trooper helmet I had ordered...it took a while, but it arrived, but needed to be signed for, which is a good policy, and understood...but I work a lot of hours, and live alone. I missed UPS's 3 attempts to deliver because I'm not around...I have no one else to sign....my cat refuses since "the incident". Anyway......it was shipped back to Anovos after I had attempted to track it down...they said they had to charge me shipping (again!), and they would not waive it, even after hearing my tale of woah. I asked if they could at least give me a discount for another product to purchase in the future...they offered 10% which is what they offer anyone...is it only me that thinks they charge a high shipping fee...and...a "handling charge" (?!) on top of that? Ok, back to story...I repaid for shipping right away..2 over a week ago from today's post, and it still has not been shipped back to me...still waiting for a UPS tracking number...I've kindly reached out via their online "chat"..."they" said it should ship out "anytime now".??? Perhaps I'm being unreasonable, perhaps I am indeed...just frustrated as a pretty regular customer who's been very patient waiting for the Snowtrooper helmet, as well as my ordered First Order premiere helmet. In closing, and sorry so wordy, if it weren't for the customer...they'd not be in business.....and I feel it's a bit mismanaged and unprofessional to presolicit items that take years to produce and ship! Wait until the items are ready to sell to solicit....not to mention....soliciting many new items when their older product is still in product-Purgatory. Thanks for reading or not reading. Amen and thanks. PS-I'm too lazy to proof-read so hope my rambling vent made some sense.

Well, I aint going to go into the whole issue of how long it takes Anovos to get product out, but as far as the UPS signature delivery, if you know you are going to have a tough time meeting the driver, you can go on the UPS website and pre-sign for the delivery. Would have saved you the re-ship problems.

3 missed attempts at delivery seems like a lot.

I think you can also set it up so they hold the package at a ups distribution center (or ups store, or whatever they're called). That way you can go pick it up when you want (provided they're open.) I think "My ups" is another option- free sign-up, lets you decide time-windows for delivery I think. Not sure how it works though exactly.

I normally have the package held at a UPS location so I don't need to worry about being home when the driver comes by. It also eliminates the risk of the package disappearing if you authorize UPS to leave it outside.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Their “handling charge” is one many reasons why I haven’t purchased anything from them. Number 1 reason, I’m broke

The shipping is crazy.. yet they still want to snag 15 extra bucks from ya for handling...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you create a free UPS account you can actually sign for it online if you are sure no one will take if from your steps. You can even note for them to put it on a back or side porch if need be.

Again, delays suck and they aren't perfect on timely refunds but at least you CAN get your money back and you WILL get your product. (IMO)

Their “handling charge” is one many reasons why I haven’t purchased anything from them. Number 1 reason, I’m broke

The shipping is crazy.. yet they still want to snag 15 extra bucks from ya for handling...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can use other vendors to avoid the handling fee. Possibly get free shipping too.

just curious what other vendors?! i didnt know this
Entertainment Earth is one. The standard shipping is free. It looks like they don't charge you for the product until they have it. I haven't got any through them yet. There may be other vendors that have similar approaches. Sometimes stores have Anovos helmets on eBay for good prices.

Entertainment Earth is one. The standard shipping is free. It looks like they don't charge you for the product until they have it. I haven't got any through them yet. There may be other vendors that have similar approaches. Sometimes stores have Anovos helmets on eBay for good prices.

Thank you!

Nope. DO NOT pre-order from Anovos. You'll be sorry.

I am really bummed that they are such a SCAM! I pre-ordered a costume a year ago, March 2017. They've had my money all this time. I was supposed to receive my costume 3rd quarter of 2017, but didn't get it. I emailed. They told me, oh, we've had some production problems, we'll ship winter 2017. Then it was Spring 2018. Earlier this month, they told me it would ship March 20. Now I get a notice saying they've cancelled the item so they can focus on making the pre-orders for the full costume. Then they had the nerve to offer me to put my money towards another pre-order. No thanks! I told them to credit it back to my card. We'll see how long that takes.

They are a Ponzi scheme. I'm afraid it is true. And I hate to say this, because they make great quality costumes. I have the Star Trek uniform that I purchased through Think Geek, and it's so well made. I was really pulling for them to succeed. But I can't support them anymore.

Hmmm, glad I stumbled across this thread. I've been more in the saber and blaster scene in the past but lately looking at helmets. Specifically the traditional TK lid...which is on preorder at a decent price. After reading this I'll pass.

That said, is eFX any better as a company and product quality? If not, where can I get a TK lid from a reputable source other than a black series from Amazon for $70-ish...lol?

Hmmm, glad I stumbled across this thread. I've been more in the saber and blaster scene in the past but lately looking at helmets. Specifically the traditional TK lid...which is on preorder at a decent price. After reading this I'll pass.

That said, is eFX any better as a company and product quality? If not, where can I get a TK lid from a reputable source other than a black series from Amazon for $70-ish...lol?

I would highly recommend RS PropMasters.

Nope. DO NOT pre-order from Anovos. You'll be sorry.

I am really bummed that they are such a SCAM! I pre-ordered a costume a year ago, March 2017. They've had my money all this time. I was supposed to receive my costume 3rd quarter of 2017, but didn't get it. I emailed. They told me, oh, we've had some production problems, we'll ship winter 2017. Then it was Spring 2018. Earlier this month, they told me it would ship March 20. Now I get a notice saying they've cancelled the item so they can focus on making the pre-orders for the full costume. Then they had the nerve to offer me to put my money towards another pre-order. No thanks! I told them to credit it back to my card. We'll see how long that takes.

They are a Ponzi scheme. I'm afraid it is true. And I hate to say this, because they make great quality costumes. I have the Star Trek uniform that I purchased through Think Geek, and it's so well made. I was really pulling for them to succeed. But I can't support them anymore.
I realize the terms “Ponzi scheme” and scam get thrown around a lot, but I think it’s important to say that I don’t think that’s the case here. Are the delays frustrating? Of course. Are the last minute bumps of delivery windows annoying? Sure. But if this company was truly trying to scam people, they wouldn’t offer refunds at any point prior to shipping.

I’m not saying they’re perfect. I’ve had to cancel a couple items I got tired of waiting for. But I don’t think it’s as malicious as this sounds.

I apologize if Ponzi scheme is not the correct term. But I don't think what they are doing is good business. They promise but they don't deliver. I have heard of people waiting over two years to get their pre-orders, or waiting that long and then having their orders cancelled. They are using the money that their early pre-orders give them to ramp up to bigger productions, which they may or may not deliver at a later date, and then they cancel the original pre-orders and try and upsell you, keeping your money tied up. This is not fair to the customer who originally gave them their faith and their money.

I have purchased from cosplay sites in China that deliver costumes to exact measurements within a month. I ordered a cape from Anovos, not a helmet or a blaster or something that might have needed to be tooled, molded, etc. And a year went by, and they could not deliver. That is unacceptable. If it were just me saying this, that would be an incident, but it's not. There have been many others who say the same thing happened to them. I believe that they are doing this intentionally, that it is not just "production problems", that they use the early funders' money to pay for previous or later work. If I wanted to invest my money in something, I'd buy stock, not an item that would not give me returns on my dollar. An item that I will never end up receiving. Their business model is bogus.

If you want an Anovos product, don't buy it unless it is IN STOCK. Better yet, don't buy anything from them until they stop treating their customers so poorly.

Anovos isn't running a scam or Ponzi scheme. Yes, sometimes products are significantly delayed or cancelled.

There are options for anyone that can't stand the preorder wait. Anovos has certain items I stock, resellers have items in stock (sometimes at cheaper prices). Take a look at eBay.

Some resellers such as Entertainment Earth take preorders without collecting payment up front. Others want a partial payment up front.

I think Anovos cancelling a pre-order after a year and not instantly providing a full refund is poor form for a pro company. In fact it wouldn’t be a bad idea for them to offer some kind of discount off your next purchase by way of an apology. Just a thought.....

Cheers

Jez

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back