Sky Captain Dex Custom Gun

pentrep

Hey guys, I've been looking around to have a custom prop made similar to the gun from "Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow". I have included a picture below. Now I know they made replicas of this but they are long out of production so what I'm looking for is a maker to help me bring this idea to life. It's for a costume and I'd like the lights, and maybe even the sound to work. I've looked around on Etsy but I've not had any luck. Can anyone make any suggestions? Thanks.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/84/5a/be/845abe90b2f0ee81cd0e62881a63c7fd.jpg

Hey guys, I've been looking around to have a custom prop made similar to the gun from "Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow". I have included a picture below. Now I know they made replicas of this but they are long out of production so what I'm looking for is a maker to help me bring this idea to life. It's for a costume and I'd like the lights, and maybe even the sound to work. I've looked around on Etsy but I've not had any luck. Can anyone make any suggestions? Thanks.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/84/5a/be/845abe90b2f0ee81cd0e62881a63c7fd.jpg

It's possible I may be able to model it in 3D to have printed.
Do you have any dimensions to work from?

Jamie

References:

Attachments

• dex_lg_03.jpg
    dex_lg_03.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 224
  • sc-raygun-poster.jpg
    sc-raygun-poster.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 177
  • sc-raygun2.jpg
    sc-raygun2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 187
  • SkyCaptain_gun.jpg
    SkyCaptain_gun.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 188
  • SkyCaptain-Pistol1.jpg
    SkyCaptain-Pistol1.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 205
  • SkyCaptain-Pistol2.jpg
    SkyCaptain-Pistol2.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 226
  • SkyCaptain-Pistol3.jpg
    SkyCaptain-Pistol3.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 174
  • SkyCaptain-Pistol4.jpg
    SkyCaptain-Pistol4.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 358
  • SkyCaptain-Pistol6.jpg
    SkyCaptain-Pistol6.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 178
  • SkyCaptain-PistolDisplay2.jpg
    SkyCaptain-PistolDisplay2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 192
References:

Funnily enough I found the same reference from the propstore auction on a Google search this morning.

I'm thinking, 3D print the ray gun to then be finished with silver automotive paint, weathered with an acrylic wash and real rivets.

Is there still interest in this Ray gun?
I have pretty much finished modelling it in 3D. I will post photos when I get in from work.

I would be interested in this. Always liked that gun and pulpy sci-fi style items.

I'm going to start a separate thread to document my build, you'll be able to follow progress on the prop there and any potential run of kits or builds that I may do.

Thanks

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back