Mad Max: Fury Road Costume Thread

Some of the advertising photos showed the earpiece. I don't remember it in the film. Maybe they edited out Max having a radio and communicating with the war rig ??

It´s strange. On the publicity "blue" photo he has it; on the same "blue" take from the trailer he does not have it. Inside the rig he has it, in another captures he does not.

publicity picture
image-7a.jpg

capture from trailer
Sin título-2.jpg

capture from trailer
Sin título-1.jpg

As mentioned by DH it may have been concieved as a communication device.

Posted in Mr hardy blog:
here we can see the rubber covering the vertical strap on the leg panel and the gun. Perhaps a gunconnoisseurmay identify it; or confirm the Hi power as identified by Jackx
View attachment 478956.

I have a Browning replica and what you can make out of the grip in the photo,it has very similar lines to mine.Also check out imfdb.org,they list a lot of the guns used,but don't however mention the HI Power maybe they didn't spot it yet.

By the way,found these photos,don't know if you guys have seen them or not,but I've lightened a couple of them to show more detail,hope they help.
max1.jpgmax2.jpgmax3.jpg

Vest 1.jpg

Here's a photo of my vest so far. The pouch on the left hand side still needs to be attached (I'm planning on heading to the local shoemakers to see if they can help with that). Everything was cut away with my leatherman and I'm kinda impressed I didn't slash everything to pieces. Roll on payday so I can do some more to it.

I know. I honestly don't even remember seeing it on film. Maybe I just didn't notice. Even so, why would he need a broken headphone earplug anyway?

In the rough cut, Max finds and frantically reinserts the broken earbud. It calms him down considerably. It's never used as a communication device; I think it was just an affectation or fetish. The sound guy said in an interview that they used it to pipe music to Hardy while he acted, but that doesn't pass the smell test with me. (Although if you look at pictures of Hardy in training, he's wearing white earbuds.)

Max Replica said that he read that Hardy's take on Max was that he was a SWAT cop (thus the tactics and proficiency with weapons) and the earpiece made him feel like he was still in touch with his team. Maybe, but that's no tactical earpiece. Frankly, I'm glad they eliminated it because it didn't really serve a purpose, storywise.

-Curtis

any idea what the pouches are on the War Boy pants? looks like some canvas Mauser pouches? one guy looks like he has a RPD pouch on his left hip. i got a hold of a set of Blank EMT pants that i think will work for the war boy pants seeing as they have a lot of little pouches on them already.

I think they're pouches from canvas construction tool belts, maybe with embellishments like D-rings.

In the rough cut, Max finds and frantically reinserts the broken earbud. It calms him down considerably. It's never used as a communication device; I think it was just an affectation or fetish. The sound guy said in an interview that they used it to pipe music to Hardy while he acted, but that doesn't pass the smell test with me. (Although if you look at pictures of Hardy in training, he's wearing white earbuds.)

Max Replica said that he read that Hardy's take on Max was that he was a SWAT cop (thus the tactics and proficiency with weapons) and the earpiece made him feel like he was still in touch with his team. Maybe, but that's no tactical earpiece. Frankly, I'm glad they eliminated it because it didn't really serve a purpose, storywise.

-Curtis

Thanks for the info! Maybe we'll see that scene in the deleted scenes on the blu-ray. Miller said there's at least 5 deleted scenes in this interview
http://collider.com/george-miller-talks-mad-max-fury-road-deleted-scenes-contact-superhero-movies/

Edit: Whoops, more of a prop question.

Attachments

• Nux Bird 1.jpg
    Nux Bird 1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Nux Bird 2.jpg
    Nux Bird 2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 130
  • Nux Bird 3.jpg
    Nux Bird 3.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Yeah, he originally wore that torn-off ear bud through a good part of the movie. All of those shots must have had the ear bud painted out, and that's no small amount of time or money. It was in the first audience preview in May of 2014. By December or 2014, it was all gone.

Thanks for the info! Maybe we'll see that scene in the deleted scenes on the blu-ray. Miller said there's at least 5 deleted scenes in this interview
http://collider.com/george-miller-talks-mad-max-fury-road-deleted-scenes-contact-superhero-movies/

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with the rear mag pouch on Max's left, is it torn down the seam?

Oddly, it looks like when they chopped up the triple mag panel, they separated all 3 before putting the left 2 back together.
max pouches.jpg

On the other hand, they look fairly different in color to me. I'm curious whether they're different colors or one was much more weathered than the other.

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with the rear mag pouch on Max's left, is it torn down the seam?

Oddly, it looks like when they chopped up the triple mag panel, they separated all 3 before putting the left 2 back together.
View attachment 480721

On the other hand, they look fairly different in color to me. I'm curious whether they're different colors or one was much more weathered than the other.
Could be some where cut down the seam and separated and some were not. I believe 6 vest where made so they might be slightly different from on another. Same with jackets with some having stitching on the top shoulder arm seam and some not. I'm sure when arlo has time he'll chime in on the subject. Last I heard from him he was away working on another film.

Is it confirmed that the molle mag pouches are sewed in?

Since they are molle and seem to be 'hanging', is it possible they made slots in the vest to accommodate for the molle straps?

You can clearly see the molle mount straps still intact.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back