From Kenner to ILM - the PDT-8

That is damn fantastic !!! Not too long ago I came across a box with those mini rigs, indeed a little trip back in time.

AWESOME work Jason! Great project. Man, I'm on a vintage Kenner trip at the moment too. Just found a load of my old ships in the attic at my parents house. Great memories for sure!

Oh - please check your PM's. I sent a message your way.

Cheers,

Chris

Progress?!?

Cowlings, and engine guts.

10882323_10153072716168156_7888345036768220531_n.jpg

10417772_10153075406578156_2614182083043795472_n.jpg

I'm digging this thread, man. Seriously, this is impressive. Have you considered on ILMizing any of other Kenner specific toys from the line?

Oh yeah, the bubble domed tank is next. And there is another person out there making another one, and I hope we both can debut them at Wonderfest. Both are obnoxious and 1/6th scale, lol!

I was looking at this thread and it made me think back to GI joe vehicles that didn't get much love after a while that would be neat in larger scale lol

I was thinking of those weapons drones they had for a while too, a flamethrower one i think, one with guns, and one that was a missile launcher with tracks. Or have a 1:6 scale pogo for giant figures.

Engine cowlings are done. Now I work out the mechanics of the front and rear step/hatches. The toy has a simple hinge which I will use as a reference for the pivot points, but I'll add pistons, like a hatchback deck, or X-Wing canopy. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421896761.258266.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back