Will paint thinner eat away 2mm Acrylic Capped ABS?

TK10259

Ok, So I'm currently assembling my Stormtrooper Hero Helmet and messed up the frown big time... The plastic is 2mm Acrylic Capped ABS and I was wondering if I can use paint thinner on the Testers #1138 Frown Paint? I have heard some people use a tooth brush and brake fluid which I have on hand as well. Hope you guys can help me out, Thanks!

Update: I used some paint thinner on the faceplate and I was able to successfully remove the grey paint on the frown!

Hey TK10259 ! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the paint off! Any ill effects on the plastic? I'd take a little clear soap and water to it in order to insure that the paint thinner is washed away just to be safe.

I used Rubbing Alcohol on some Tri-CREE LED Stars to remove the flux residue and got some of the alcohol on the lenses and it made them all sorts of tacky! EEK! Lesson learned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @TK10259 ! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the paint off! Any ill effects on the plastic? I'd take a little clear soap and water to it in order to insure that the paint thinner is washed away just to be safe.

I used Rubbing Alcohol on some Tri-CREE LED Stars to remove the flux residue and got some of the alcohol on the lenses and it made them all sorts of tacky! EEK! Lesson learned.
Yes, That was the first thing I did after removing the paint! Thanks!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back