Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

Can anyone recommend a method for building up the plastic around the edges of the mag? I plan on using magnets to hold it in place but would like structured sides.
Plain 2 part epoxy would work. First make sure all edges are degreased and lightly roughened with sandpaper. Slop on some on the mag edges first then clean it up with a file when cured. When that's done, apply scotch/cellophane tape around the mag as a mold release plus the added thickness makes sure the mag won't bind from sheer tightness. Goop on epoxy around the magwell then insert the magazine. While the epoxy is set but not yet full cure, carefully trim off the excess flash that may make it harder to separate the magazine. When cured pop out the mag, remove the tape and clean the edges up a bit with fine sandpaper.

Is it still a water pistol? I took out the water pistol parts and I wan to fill it with something, maybe sand? Dis you fill yours? Thanks

Updated my finish a bit. Put a little more silver on the upper and gave it a very light rust tint then went to town with the scouring/buffing.
p7Hwm1e.jpg8uxSZXu.jpg

I have a question. I have seen people taking the orange nozzle that came with this gun and talk about adding it on to make the barrel longer. To me, this makes it look TOO long. I looked at pictures on Google and the barrel doesn't look that long. Is there something I'm missing?

The original idea behind the orange tip (I believe) was for the US regulations requiring toy guns to have an orange tip. Then people realized, "Hey, this make a good replacement tip". But you have to either cut it down, or shorten the existing barrel like I did on mine.

Attachments

• 1012172029.jpg
    1012172029.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 149
I have a question. I have seen people taking the orange nozzle that came with this gun and talk about adding it on to make the barrel longer. To me, this makes it look TOO long. I looked at pictures on Google and the barrel doesn't look that long. Is there something I'm missing?

I'm just using it because I'm making a custom version so I want it a little different.

Updated my finish a bit. Put a little more silver on the upper and gave it a very light rust tint then went to town with the scouring/buffing.

God that turned out gorgeous. That brushed metal gives it a slightly roughly machined look, which really fits - doubly so with 2049's "Brutality" visual aesthetic. Now I wonder about doing that to mine, once the clearcoat finally (eventually) (never) dries.

I'm just using it because I'm making a custom version so I want it a little different.

This was my thinking as well. I already wanted to mount the light on mine, and there was no way I was gonna turn blue grips into amber, so I went for a slightly different 'model' - I've been considering grabbing an airsoft flashhider of some kind and blending it in just for more unique fun. It's not like it's ever going to be SA with the casting issues on the watergun anyway.

Now I wonder about doing that to mine, once the clearcoat finally (eventually) (never) dries.
I know your pain which is why I now use shellac instead. Harder to use being wiped on (can probably be sprayed but might clog nozzles fast) but dries real quick and hard enough to be roughly handled (what I use for airsoft guns too as plain clear coat gets scratched up if I so much as even look at a bush to dive into).

The original idea behind the orange tip (I believe) was for the US regulations requiring toy guns to have an orange tip. Then people realized, "Hey, this make a good replacement tip". But you have to either cut it down, or shorten the existing barrel like I did on mine.

then maybe this gun will also be sold here in the US :cool

Playing around with some air-dry clay to get the cylinder going. Using hollowed out and cleaned AA batteries as the shells.
One problem, air-dry clay shrinks! So the stuff I filled the grips with is fully cured now and rattles around in there. Not at all happy with the results. So back to the drawing board.

c450f075084c4bd97cab2d667d773298.jpg
ac702fce4d3f35a61c743eab075c306f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Playing around with some air-dry clay to get the cylinder going. Using hollowed out and cleaned AA batteries as the shells.
One problem, air-dry clay shrinks! So the stuff I filled the grips with is fully cured now and rattles around in there. Not at all happy with the results. So back to the drawing board.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171014/c450f075084c4bd97cab2d667d773298.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171014/ac702fce4d3f35a61c743eab075c306f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Use milliput or aves apoxie or even plasticene at a pinch.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back