Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Culttvmanshop still has preorders available, total cost $340 plus shipping

http://www.culttvmanshop.com/Millen...ndai--33995--PREORDER-RESERVATION_p_3863.html

Requires a $150 down payment

thanks for the tip! Very tempting, but I still can't justify it. I'm afraid it would sit on my bench, assembled but unpainted and collecting dust. Someone more worthy should grab one. Anyone who has one in Philadelphia who cares to let me ogle it in person though, just let me know....

I pre-ordered one too. Any idea when he will get them in? It doesn't saying thing about an arrival date on his site, thought maybe someone here might have some secret info? :)

The preorder page says he expects them in December, I'm guessing he is ordering from a later shipment. I got the Zvezda/Revell SSD from his site and that date was pretty accurate

Never mind I found it. Looks like December.

Just gives me more time to save up the rest of the balance :)

I've already got a few projects in the works before I dare attempt this model. The snap fit eases my mind about the construction, but I'm still learning painting. I figured I'd buy the 1/144 TFA Falcon for practice :)

The 1/144 is an astonishingly great model, with an eye-popping level of detail for this tiny scale, and decent accuracy (except for some mirroring of detail). Anyone out there who can't (or won't) pay the heavy price for the 1/72 Falcon should consider this little jewel. I have one and it sits on my desk for me to ogle every day. I am also getting (hopefully shipping soon) the 1/72 model, but the 1/144 is wonderful in a whole different way.

My connection at NYCC just came through and got ahold of one at the bluefin booth for me. It should be delivered to me next Friday. So excited. Guess it's time to cancel my Amazon preorder.

The 1/144 is an astonishingly great model, with an eye-popping level of detail for this tiny scale, and decent accuracy (except for some mirroring of detail). Anyone out there who can't (or won't) pay the heavy price for the 1/72 Falcon should consider this little jewel. I have one and it sits on my desk for me to ogle every day. I am also getting (hopefully shipping soon) the 1/72 model, but the 1/144 is wonderful in a whole different way.

The TLJ version of the 1/144 has fixed the mirrored side walls. It’s being released in December if I remember correctly. I also love the TFA 1/144.

I went to a self-organized exhibition of a group of modelling enthusiasts today, and they had a finished perfect grade Falcon on display.

P2030613rs.jpgP2030542rs.jpgP2030575rs.jpg

I went to a self-organized exhibition of a group of modelling enthusiasts today, and they had a finished perfect grade Falcon on display.

What?? How?? I would spend a year building this thing, and another year painting it.
They did a great job, though, for as quickly as they slapped that thing together.

It doesn't seem that Bandai has included these hashmark decals on their decal sheet. What do people plan to use to add them? On my old MPC a million years ago I just used a narrow sharpie, but I want something crisper that that and uniform in size.
attachment.jpg

I'm really interested to know what they did internally to make this mount work with the electronics main right above this section. It looks like they could still attach the guns if they removed the stand. I would like to do something similar.
24143a9231bc77a1a0d84548b7f47f6a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

From what i can remember reading long ago, the "engine" was a strip of reflective film projector screen, which was illuminated by the studio lights, the glow was later roto-scoped in.

From what i can remember reading long ago, the "engine" was a strip of reflective film projector screen, which was illuminated by the studio lights, the glow was later roto-scoped in.

A couple pages back we already had confirmation that the engines were lit internally with six-inch halogen bar lights. :thumbsup The lightsabers in ANH, however, used the reflective tape (or paint) on rotating rods with the glow rotoscoped.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back