Today is 30th Anniversary of Star Trek: The Next Generation

I think the bald thing was more controversial at the time than age. Lots of Captain Stubing jokes.
Picard won me over fast. Plus Kirk was one of the youngest Captains so he was the exception rather than the norm.

Too old to be the captain of a galaxy-class starship? I don't think so. How old do you think the captains of our aircraft carriers are? I'm betting they are older than 35. Maturity and experience are what actually counts most for positions like that. Besides just because a man is balding, doesn't mean he's old. I imagined Kirk was just a fluke or an oddity in the general average age of starship captains....not to mention the hollywood approach to everything back in the 60s (and high-prices toupes).

I never said that.
I said he was in his 60s or late 50s, old enough to be gray back then. When you're a kid, that's old. And now I'm an adult and he's still alive and well and almost the same, putting my thoughts in a suspended animation feel.

72985.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back