Lightsaber Family Tree

SethS

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After showing my V2/TFA/BF hybrid saber to a friend I found myself explaining all the various versions of Luke's ROTJ lightsaber to him. I had to scribble down a visual to help explain it. It occurred to me that we don't actually have anything like that and I couldn't be the only person who would want such a thing.

SO, I'm designing a poster sized image that is a family tree of sorts that tracks the individual lightsaber props through the saga. I plan to do it with pics and pretty design, but before I do that, I wanted to make sure my info was correct. After hitting up @
thd9791 to help me fill the gaps in my knowledge, I've put together a rough draft for you all to weigh in on. This is just the flow of the info, the end result will be much sexier.

Obviously, new information is always coming to light, and given that the rule of thumb with any movie prop is to create multiples, this is no way meant to be all inclusive. Instead I just hoped to track the more well-known props that have been identified over the years.

So check it out:

tree.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this idea! Is there a plan to make prints or posters of this and do a run or are you just creating it to share. Either way this is cool. Can't wait to see it with all the graphics.

Now THAT is a great idea!!
I'm looking forward to see it combined with pics! And maybe an additional online version with in depth information for each prop version would be nice as well?

Shouldn't Luke's ESB severed hand version be in there somewhere?

Roy
www.wannawanga.com

Last edited:
I was thinking it was the stunt from the duel-- but it probably would be a separate one, wouldn't it?

And you're welcome to throw it on your goodies page if you want once it's done!

lol yep! forgot about that one! It has T track and a Kobold flash for the back half, cone knobs in the sockets and some mystery parts I'm still trying to ID. It's an ESB saber for sure lol

This is incredible and thank you Seth for making this happen.

If I was really mean I'd make little empty check boxes next to every pic to drive all the completists over the edge :)

I'm shocked Roy is the only one offering a correction thus far! If it's correct I'll get started... still scared I got TFA wrong though...

I'm shocked Roy is the only one offering a correction thus far! If it's correct I'll get started... still scared I got TFA wrong though...

LOL! Here's another one: I don't think that the wired promos were a different version. I think it was one of the screen used versions. So no need to actually put that one in.
And the Launch Bay had multiple versions, right? In two cities.

This graphic is great. Good idea and awesome execution. The only correction that needs to be made that I see is that Chronicle is misspelled. In the box about the Obi saber that I assume is supposed to be referencing the pictures in the Star Wars Chronicles book.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back