JFcustom's FOAM files

I looked all over and I couldn't find the Arkham Knight Batsuit chest piece. Does anyone have this chest piece template? Asking here in hope that someone does.

Not sure if there is one. I've seen a lot of requests and a lot of custom batsuit builds, but no templates :(

Who can I pay to make it? =]

Seriously though.. I would pay. I can't find this suit anywhere and you would think with its popularity it would be available.

Who can I pay to make it? =]

Seriously though.. I would pay. I can't find this suit anywhere and you would think with its popularity it would be available.

Try looking in tue junkyard section for someone offerng their skills or start a want to buy thread asking for someone

brandy & IM.jpg IMG_0389.JPGwell after almost a year off & on tinkering with different methods, I finally finished & wore proudly my Ironman Mk 4 EVA foam suit. MANY MANY thanks to all those here on the RPF for their knowledge & help in getting it from start to finish. Without all of you & your various projects, builds & pics I would have quit a long time ago. So, Thanks again, JFCustom for the videos, unfolding prowess, & willingness to share your knowledge! Also to the creators of Robo3687 & sharkhead7854 for the files!
Also, ended up making a Halo Mk6 suit for my 7 year old on the side.
john Halo.jpgHappy Halloween All !! Be Safe & Thanks Again!!

Last edited:
Hypothetical question: would it be possible to replace the fibreglass/resin+ bondo process for a cardstock build by 3 PVA coats + XRobot's plastic coating method ?
Thank you all for your response and view on this alternative.

Hypothetical question: would it be possible to replace the fibreglass/resin+ bondo process for a cardstock build by 3 PVA coats + XRobot's plastic coating method ?
Thank you all for your response and view on this alternative.

Not having actually done it, I could only speculate.

The glue/plastic method wouldn't be as strong and sturdy as fiberglass, but is a good fume-free alternative.

I can see needing to coat the card stock inside and out, just because cosplay sweat would soften the glue and potentially make a bit of a sticky mess inside.

You would need to move a lot faster since fiberglass resin cures slower than 65D. This could be a pro or a con, needing to keep remixing plastic often, but also not waiting for the fiberglass resin's normal cure time.

Would still need to do the whole Bondo process.

Just a few thoughts about it. :)

The Smooth On 65D is sandable, so I don't know that you'd need to bondo over it - bondo is probably more easily sandable and would therefore be likely to give a better finish - I'm not 100% happy with the helmets I've made and coated in 65D, but mainly as I'm impatient & in 2 out of 3 cases didn't have the time, or a sander to get a good, quick, smooth finish. I really should invest in a mouse sander, or something...

I assume you don't mean bondo over plastic? I thought it was 'either,or' ?

You can use Bondo on plastic, you just have to scuff it up well for it to grip. Also, as people on here have found, Bondo on a flexible surface will crack. You can actually make it more flexible, and stick better by mixing it with a eurethane filler.

http://youtu.be/CWUf_SbNAag

This guy is a bit of an idiot for comedy, but you can skip to 6 minutes to see him use the method.

The eurethane filler is kinda expensive to use by itself, but it'll give the Bondo enough flex if you mix it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back