Star Wars Tools

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey y'all

I'm starting a project of my own - to build some of the random tools floating around Empire Strikes back, and maybe the rest of the OT

I'm very short on info.

I'm starting with this
Original Trilogy - Han Solo 16.jpg

and the tool han uses when he's standing up on a ship in a hanger: the go nogo gauge with an exhaust valve stuck in one end.

I already got myself an RAF cockpit lamp coming in the mail - and I did buy a volvo exhaust valve but the seller just took my money and ran, so back to square one there..

I'd love to one day make the kobold handled welder also!

I rewatched the OT on the 4th and wondered at this part if anyone had made the tools...excited to see what you come up with!

This is the first I'd like to tackle

SWV_1388.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

bigger version of the same thing here
SWV_1857.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

wait... no... it's just a rod?
SWV_1858.jpg

Any small liter valve would work, even a intake valve. That photo is so far away you can’t tell that engine it belongs to or if it’s a intake or exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always wanted to do that! That picture in your first post is the best view I've seen of the tools. I may have to work on modeling that one out of the tray... it's a really good picture of it.

They look like engine parts from a tractor trailer, like the kenworth or mack. I'm the son of a truck driver and spent alot of time around these. If you have a junk yard around you, I wouldn't be surprised if you found some look a likes.

ef325ba6eab19630d89a1961401c5e21.jpg

Many years ago I was searching for info on making a “hydrospanner”

And ran across a thread that identified the parts put together to make the tool circled in red

The tool circled in green almost looks divers ratchet or a astronauts ratchet. Before gear wrench’s popular, well affordable to the general public

Drivers astronauts and other people that needed to wear some kind of suit with big gloves used those..

The ratchet circled in green still has the -AN fitting attached to it.. possibly a jet engine ratchet, with fuel fittings (-AN fitting) still attached?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180508/ef325ba6eab19630d89a1961401c5e21.jpg

Many years ago I was searching for info on making a “hydrospanner”

And ran across a thread that identified the parts put together to make the tool circled in red

The tool circled in green almost looks divers ratchet or a astronauts ratchet. Before gear wrench’s popular, well affordable to the general public

Drivers astronauts and other people that needed to wear some kind of suit with big gloves used those..

The ratchet circled in green still has the -AN fitting attached to it.. possibly a jet engine ratchet, with fuel fittings (-AN fitting) still attached?

really good progress!

that thread was mine a while ago. we discussed go nogo gauges and the RAF cockpit lamp

that black part looks like a heavy metal broken piece of a pipe system or something.

They are engine parts. I have seen this black tool with the yellow cap before. The red cap is added. Pretty sure they are truck engine . It's a pin of some sort. If my father' mechanic were to look, he would know ,but I haven't seen him in 20 years

You know, now that I think more about this, the small pin with yellow and red really looks like the hard marking (like a crayon) tool for welders. It's really bugging me because I know I have seen this in the wild

That's alot thinner than the one above. God this is bugging me[emoji3]

Hundred of thousands out that... all different shapes and sizes

I am not the one who found this, one of the veterans did

They even knew what the second part attaches to it was...

I have been looking at dent pullers since you posted and I can't find one that's even close. It really looks like a diesel engine part but I can't put my finger on it

I have been looking at dent pullers since you posted and I can't find one that's even close. It really looks like a diesel engine part but I can't put my finger on it

I’ve been around engines all my life, built some anywhere from 300hp, to engines that make 2300-2500hp.

I’ve also played around a lot on the 7.3 international Diesel engines (our whole fleet was 7.3)

And when I say I’ve built them, I’ve assembled them rod bearings and all. We even balanced our own cranks

And no disrespect kevin you know I love ya,
;)
but I don’t see anything related to a engine part, but I can totally see a dent puller handle on one end

I’ve been around engines all my life, built some anywhere from 300hp, to engines that make 2300-2500hp.

I’ve also played around a lot on the 7.3 international Diesel engines (our whole fleet was 7.3)

And when I say I’ve built them, I’ve assembled them rod bearings and all. We even balanced our own cranks

And no disrespect kevin you know I love ya,
;)
but I don’t see anything related to a engine part, but I can totally see a dent puller handle on one end

I definitely see where it can be a dent puller. I will keep looking at Google for them . It looks so much like a shaft for an engine though. It looks too large in diameter for a dent puller. Most be some kind of heavy duty puller.

I definitely see where it can be a dent puller. I will keep looking at Google for them . It looks so much like a shaft for an engine though. It looks too large in diameter for a dent puller. Most be some kind of heavy duty puller.

Tom might know what the second part is that’s on the bottom of it

I forgot... I have a bunch of pictures and notes on a old broken hard drive

There was great info on han’s welder too! They nailed down a lot of info on that thing as well

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back