The Escape Pod Project

While at that moment it was doing something for the rebels, it was really an Alderaanian ship, so who knows... :)

Last edited:
Love the look of those copper wires...I use those and other soldering material to make pipes and such. Easy to bend for sure:)

INCREDIBLE work DaveG!!! Echoing joberg, what you did with those copper wires to simulate the Sealab cables is simply stunning!! That is super creative, and I agree, the minor differences really make it stand out very nicely!! Your weathering and finish is top notch!! Looks so good!! Really appreciate your 'tutorials' on how you approached that, very helpful for us! Thanks for sharing!! Looking forward to the final beauty shots when she's all wrapped up!
Sean

Thanks Sean! I definitely had a lot of fun building this one. Planning to shoot beauty shots this weekend.

Finally got the shop cleaned up to the point where I could break out the photo equipment and get some studio shots of the finished escape pod. It turned out I forgot to set the ISO correctly so the shadow areas in these shots are a little noisy. I'll shoot some more and see if they come out better.

7T9A0049.jpg 7T9A0055.jpg 7T9A0061.jpg 7T9A0081.jpg 7T9A0077.jpg 7T9A0071.jpg 7T9A0097.jpg 7T9A0112.jpg

Last edited:
TWO THUMBS up :thumbsup :thumbsupon the Tested article, congrats on getting it on there!! That build and construction is just top notch!!

'Tis the Season...

Every December, a group of us at work get together for a Christmas ornament exchange. Each person makes multiples of an ornament, one for each other member of the group. The ornaments are always wildly creative and of amazing craftsmanship. My ornaments this year were smaller versions of the Escape Pod!

IMG_2969.jpg IMG_2970.jpg IMG_2973.jpg Big Little1.jpg

Freekin' sweet! Did you print and cast those guys or build one up from scratch? Either way they look great!
'Tis the Season...

Every December, a group of us at work get together for a Christmas ornament exchange. Each person makes multiples of an ornament, one for each other member of the group. The ornaments are always wildly creative and of amazing craftsmanship. My ornaments this year were smaller versions of the Escape Pod!

View attachment 780123 View attachment 780124 View attachment 780125 View attachment 780126

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back