Need Guidance for Sword Prop Comission

modified

I've just been asked if I can make a Pixelated sword... Has anyone in this forum ever been asked to make a pixelated 3D object? Because I would love to see an example because my mind is drawing a blank here.

Attachments

• IMG_4305.PNG
    IMG_4305.PNG
    235.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4304.JPG
    IMG_4304.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 132
Use layers of 10mm foam, scored with a pen every 10mm to make the pixels. Just add layers and trim and cut along the 10mm score marks. You can use thicker foam,just make the lines the same distance as the thickness to keep the "cube" idea.

Use layers of 10mm foam, scored with a pen every 10mm to make the pixels. Just add layers and trim and cut along the 10mm score marks. You can use thicker foam,just make the lines the same distance as the thickness to keep the "cube" idea.

The idea to use foam never crossed my mind tbh... this is surely the way to go because I can't think of a way to make the same effect with sturdier materials such wood or plastics. -Cheers

The idea to use foam never crossed my mind tbh... this is surely the way to go because I can't think of a way to make the same effect with sturdier materials such wood or plastics. -Cheers

You could probably make it from wood or plastic in much the same way as with foam, it would just take a bit more effort is all.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back