The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Sorry for the long winded explanation.

No apology needed friend, long-winded explinations are very much appreciated! I figured every projection booth would have it's own computer, but with only one, it's probably that much more difficult to get some uninterupted alone time with the computer while you run back and forth to the theater with your camera.

Hey @Anakin Starkiller ! In the 2nd photo in Roy's post #142, I see another wee little step between the joining of the pommel and the space where the Obi-Wan Booster would be, and then another step in the emitter between the first step up from the neck to the fattest part of the emitter.

And I still say that the pommel cube most in line with the control box is wonky angled compared to the one with the Tri-Ring.

The grip rings could be fattened up a little too I think, and the V-grooves may be a bit too deep.

My personal aesthetic wants to say that the bottom side of the final emitter ring should be beveled, but I can't tell from the photos provided thus far. Maybe if you made it a hair thinner in your model it would look more like what I imagine I'm seeing. ;)

I hate to think about having to buy the Blu-Ray to find out what this lightsaber actually looks like.

Does anyone else wonder if lasers could come out of Luke's mechanical hand fingertips with all of them having those two micro blaster nozzle looking things on their ends underneath the 'fingernails'? Or maybe 7of 9 nanotubes or a Fifth Elementesque key unfolds from each one to unlock Jedi Holocrons!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
15EA62D8-3922-47E2-AE7B-C5132955642F.jpeg
I couldn't resist and stealthily made a few pictures this afternoon in the cinema!

Better quality than the images I've seen so far and 13 traces clearly visible, although one is not reflecting much.
And the raised edges on the clamp are clearly there. Not flat like on the ROTJ ISYHCANL box.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171227/ca7a95aa6116cf2c544f81ea91fb98c6.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171227/05c0edb726c64367c71e9d4826315f1a.jpg

(Sorry for the Dutch subtitles!)
Doesn’t the tlj luke saber remind you of the prodigal son from saberforge but heavily modified. Mainly the control box and pommel and the copper piece are different from the saberforge but the grips on the grenade are the same

Last edited:
Don't think it's a prodigal son, as everything but the ribbed section is different. It wouldn't be too far-fetched however, as apparently they used a Graflex 2.0 for the broken lightsaber at the end.

That's the first Ive heard of that, how can people tell?

About the Graflex 2.0? The 'soft' slide switch with the hex screw in it was what tipped me off. Randy/Korbanth has also confirmed that he gave them some 2.0s and was told one was in the movie but wasn't allowed to tell anyone until now.

Back to the Hero, in my opinion definitely some fat rings, definitely one solid black bar that sticks out less. The weird non-shiny trace on the card looks to me a result of the weathering. I'm also leaning towards the opinion that they used the MR as a reference, we know they used actual MR parts for Han's DL-44 in TFA so it's not beyond the realm of possibility

Wow! A 2.0 was in the film?! Can u see the beer tab in the broken saber scene?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah if anyone has a clean enough shot of that Id love to see it. I know this is thread derailing...

busted.png

I was really against the idea it was a 2.0 at first. scottjua and I felt like the bayonet slot is pretty obvious there-- and a 2.0 doesn't have that.

But Roy pointed out to me later that they could have just ripped open the graflex clamp slit a bit, it would be right there. The switch is hard to make out, but it does look more bulbous. I can see the beer tab rivet, but the tab step (if its there) is in shadow.

The bunny ears are hard to judge at this angle.

Honestly, Randy/Korbanth saying they bought a batch from him is telling... (though he did say it was Disney, not Lucasfilm-- so maybe Disney was buying them to put on the Luke actors they plan to have waling around the new Star Wars Land at Disneyland. (random guess). )

I am coming around to this one maybe being a 2.0.

I certainly like the idea of them cutting up a 2.0 instead of a vintage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird that you'd even see the slot when the clamp is clearly still on there... at least the card part. Maybe that's not actually the slot, and actually just some damage cut into it? That clamp sidebar also looks super thin from the top end that we can see...

Would make a lot more sense to maybe have made this with a 3D printed graflex?

brightened up

busted.png

Last edited:
Honestly, Randy/Korbanth saying they bought a batch from him is telling... (though he did say it was Disney, not Lucasfilm-- so maybe Disney was buying them to put on the Luke actors they plan to have waling around the new Star Wars Land at Disneyland. (random guess). )

They've got Graflex sabers on display at Launch Bay again. The purchase could've been for purposes like that.

I though the box was just stuck to the side sans clamp-- if the clamp is there I still have trouble seeing the lines.

I think the clamp is still there and attached to the bottom part and that's what's ripped open mostly. The clamp slot is what you see clearly, ripped open a bit more. The clamp 'box' seems cut in half with part of the card still in there (and giving reflections on the gold traces). At least, that's what I see!

The good thing is that you can pretty much do this build by destroying nothing else but a clamp!! Roman, prepare for a tsunami!!

Last edited:
They've got Graflex sabers on display at Launch Bay again. The purchase could've been for purposes like that.

Exactly.

Is your pic from the Florida or California Launch Bay?

I'll be at Disneyland soon enough I'm sure and can snap the Cali one.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the clamp is still there and attached to the bottom part and that's what's ripped open mostly. The clamp groove is what you see clearly, ripped open a bit more. The clamp 'box' seems cut in half with part of the card still in there (and giving reflections on the gold traces). At least, that's what I see!

The good thing is that you can pretty much do this build by destroying nothing else but a clamp!! Roman, prepare for a tsunami!!

I can sorta see that-- I guess it was the bottom of the clamp I couldn't see. You are probably right!

Are we sure it’s the 2.0 and not the new 2.5?

Anyone know the difference between 2.0 and 2.5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to their product page:

"cleaner outer surface for a better brushed aluminum look, crisp looking clamp surface, and now comes in ANH, ESB, TFA or TLJ version - with the bolts in the grips. The inside of the saber is simplified to better hold your electronics and sound boards, than previous version of 2.0 "

Weird that you'd even see the slot when the clamp is clearly still on there... at least the card part. Maybe that's not actually the slot, and actually just some damage cut into it? That clamp sidebar also looks super thin from the top end that we can see...

Would make a lot more sense to maybe have made this with a 3D printed graflex?

brightened up

View attachment 784305

What slot are you referring too? The one closest to the crystal?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back